how to take 3 times a wk meds

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am starting 3 antibiotics longterm for multiple lung cond. can't figure out how to handle equally spaced doses! 3times a week, says be careful to take at same time etc. ok, 7 days in a week... even my algebra doesn't help😕. Help?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Which antibi?

Azithromycin's popular prophylactic dose is 3 x 250mg a week taken day 1, day 3 and day 5 then day 1 again etc. I.e. leaving a gap of 2 days rather than one after the third dose. Seems to work well for those of us who take it and I suggest that other antibis migh be OK on that route (in preference at taking it in a complicated confusing manner of three different times of the day)

• Posted

I take them on Monday, Wednesday & Friday, first thing in the morning!

• Posted

Hi JP

I am on Azithromycin 3 timesĀ  a week, which i have been taking for past12 months I take Monday Wednesday and Friday 7am same time on these days

i am also on twice a day Tobromycin by inhaiation 9am and 9pm daily

this works very well for me hope this info helps a bit.

yvo

• Posted

Absolutely does help. They could have been a little more clear when giving this to us.. or, to me! So thankful for your feedback.
  • Posted

I take azithromycin and the directions are every other day.

Didn't know to take it at the same time each time, but I do take it in the evening, so I'll make sure it's at the same time.

The things that you can learn on this website, this is great.

Beth

• Posted

Hiya,

When I first started AZ it was 250ml every day for 30 days but the right dose is Mon / Wed / Fri every week,skip Sat / Sun. and for me it's the monings,is working well

• Posted

Everyone has been so helpful! I was fretting over the instructions to take evenly spaced, same time of day. I am on 3 antibiotics now and all are 3 times a wk. i appreciate all the helpful clarifications from those of you who have been on meds for a while... thank you thank you!
  • Posted

hi i take mine on monday wednesday friday at 7am an hour before food
    • Posted

Thank you! That seems to be general consensus, and I appreciate your confirming. Take care.
  • Posted

I was prescribed to take the same antibiotic Mon, Wed and Fri. When I did take it, it made my Ulcerative Colitis flare up. So my family doctor suggested only taking it when I get a lung infection? Anyone else have his issue?

Secondly I feel awful with flu like symptoms. Tired, cold, . But no couching or phlegm. I always feel very poor in general which is frustrating but they have tested everything and keep saying it is just the bronnchectisos. This seems to get worse at times and is very frustrating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.