how would I feel ?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all, how would it be like if I have a loose hip after replacement ? or how would it be like if I have an infection ?

Thanks, Tolga 

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

If you had a infection the area round the hip would feel very hot
  • Posted

If you have an infection, you would probably have a fever, and the wound may be hot to the touch.  If you think the replacement itself is loose you need to contact your surgeon ASAP.  Regarding the suspected infection, if you are really worried, either call 111 now, or your doctor first thing in the morning.

However, if it is serious enough get someone to take you to A&E.  

• Posted

I had my second hip done 2 months ago
    • Posted

Suggest that you refer to the advice that I gave you.  It is is still valid.

All the best,

Susie

• Posted

Susie thanks, but you know what, I really don't care if one of the members do such complaint. Why should I be a member and ask such questions in this website ? This is my second replacement and this forum is very helpful to me... I am registered officially and I do not appreciate any comments of mariyn .... maybe it should be asked if she is a phsyco or something since I really do not understand why would a person do that ? how about ignoring me instead of answering me if I am to be ignored ? 
    • Posted

Marilyn it would help if everyone on the site put in their details as per my suggestion a couple of days ago. I notice that neither you or T LG have entered any details and you are an oracle and TLG a regular.

if everyone put in their info then there would be no need for accusations like this.

• Posted

TLG:  I am not sure exactly what is going on here, but if you are worried, do contact your surgeon and GP first thing in the a.m.  

Is the area around the scar hot to the touch and do you have a fever?  If you do have a fever, get yourself to A&E.

• Posted

tell me what to do Colin... I have both my hips replaced and I feel free to ask questions people here since I have been here for sometime ... 
    • Posted

Just put your age gender and date of op and any other info you want in your details click on your tab <-----over there and fill in about me. perhaps marilyn could do the same there="" and="" fill="" in="" about="" me.="" perhaps="" marilyn="" could="" do="" the="">
    • Posted

Susie, no fever, no wound problem. However, I have night sweats a lot. But I do have pain in the operated area and I am not sure if it is ok after 2 months op. maybe the rainy weather, I really dont know and this is why I am asking. However, some people is looking for more details under my pure questions.
    • Posted

You have 6* which is an Oracle. Daft I know but it's the rating the site gives us.

i think the rain ref is reference to weather affecting our joints. Is that right TLG. I think it's a question of misunderstanding an w e should leave it at that

Happy days

• Posted

There hae been a number of people posting about night sweats.  This could be due to medication if you are still taking any.  However, night sweats are also related to menopause, not tht I am suggrsting that you are going through menopause.  My daughter is and she has night sweats now, poor love.  

I am pre op, so don't really have any experience ofpost op problems, but it does rather sound as though you shoujld talk to your GP or surgeon.  The thing is, that when I spoke to my surgeon on Monday, he verified what I had thought - my leg on the bad hip side of my body is shorter than the other.  Ths is not unusual, as we are made i two halves.  You say that you have had both hips done, this may explain some of the discomfort as one or other leg may now be shorter than the other, putting additional pressure on the most recent operation.

If this is the case, your surgeon can verify this for you, and there are shoe inserts that you can buy on well known online websites that will raise the shorter leg to the correct length,

You may have overdone things, too.  Lifting heavy items and not following your healing regime properly.  There are a lot of possiblities that need to be looked at before you start to panic and worry that something has gone wrong..

• Posted

I have been following you since you posted the x-ray a few days ago. I don't know why the people in this forum think you are bogus or fake. You've been given badges for being helpful, you've started and been part of many topics and discussions. This is the hip replacement site, not the bipolar, psycho section. I can't understand why you'd be treated like this. To even have other members talk out loud to another member "should I report him?" Is VERY rude. Calling you out in public like that. I'm sorry you've had to put up with this. I wish I could apologize for them. Nobody should accuse anyone of anything. There is a way to report someone if they are breaking a rule. I just had to report someone tonight that was talking about killing his cat and how he liked it, and other horrible things. That's when you report someone. Sorry TLG
    • Posted

Reminds me of the "mean girls" "cliques" and "bullies" in middle school.rolleyes
    • Posted

I am not a bad guy... we are all having problems... so, is that normal if I have pain in rainy weather or if it is still ok if I have pain after 2 months op ? ))) or I may be confused with sciatica pain ? ))) 
    • Posted

I've always thought that was an interesting phenomenon. I had a friend for example. He was crossing a street in NYC and a person working for a Rental Co., wasn't looking and smashed his body into a taxi. He was in the hospital for months and after multiple surgeries had almost everything replaced!! Rods for both legs, hip reconstucted, the works. He can tell an hour or two before it rains. I can't wait to get my first "rain pain" ( now when I talk to him about my THR I have to remember to not act like it's the worst thing ever. He was in a wheelchair for over a year.) Another interesting thing, as much pain as he's in, he refuses to even take an aspirin. He lives in Durban now, don't know how much rain they get.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.