Hpylori or not. Please help. Im getting worried???

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have not been taking any medication for nearly 10 days due to the stool sample test Im due for h pylori. I normally take Omerprazole and mebervirene.

I have suffered so badly over these days with acid reflux, abdominal cramps, before and after bowel movement. Pain above my belly button, severe bloating and distention. I feel slightly better if I dont eat, once I start to eat, I get abdominal discomfort about 4 inches above my belly button and look like I am pregnant. it really is terrible, I am getting quite worried this could be cancer of the abdominal area. I feel bloated and hardness above the belly button but anything below this is normal and soft how the stomach should feel. When I wake up in the morning I am fine, all abdominal area soft, but once I;m up and start to move around the bloated distention then starts all over again.

If I press really hard above my belly button I feel pain.

Any advice from other sufferers would be a great help to put my mind at ease.

Only investigations I have had. Abdominal examination from my GP, full blood count, and am waiting to have a hpylori stool test.

Thanks for reading 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I had most of the same symptoms and I got diagnosed with gastritits and Barrett's esophagus from gerd. I got put on dexilant and then Zantac but had to stop them from side effects. Once I was put on these medications the stomach pain and bloating decreased tremendously by reducing the stomach acid. Can you get an endoscopy done after you find out the results? I think this is the best way to find out what's going on.
  • Posted

Sorry you are in pain.

Have you been for a Endoscopy, I had to have 3 lots of different antibiotics to get rid of hp.

Have you tried gaviscon it can help.I would go back to see you gp and ask for more tests.

Hope you feel terrible soon...holly

• Posted

So sorry was mentioned to say . I hope you feel better. don't know how the terrible got in. New phone, not mastered key board yet

so sorry x holly

• Posted

Dear Holly an endoscophy sounds worse than what it is, i have had three, i have had oesophagitis and gastitis and at the time worried it was cancer, it does feel like it can be something bad, but most of the time it i s something like that, yes it can be persistan t and painful but my advice is to get that endoscophy to put your mind at rest
  • Posted

Hi cnb102/Holly 12500,

Thanks for your replies.

I haven't had an endoscopy procedure. Im a bit of a coward with anything like that. I work in a large hospital and hear so many horror stories from patients of how bad the procedure is.

My GP prescribed me Gaviscon plus to use 3 times daily while I'm off my meds. I have always suffered with acid reflux etc. It has only been over the last several months it seems to have got worse. At present it feels like it is at its peak. The pain above my belly button can last for 4/5 hours at a time and then moves all round my abdomen and then settles back above my belly button. On average the pain starts from getting out of bed and then will be on and off throughout the day till I go to bed in the evening. Thanks for your kind words of support as well. I am starting to get my self in a state that I may have something cancerous going on. Also Holly I know you didn't mean to say I hope you feel terrible soon lol.

• Posted

Did dr do any blood tests.

Most of us worry when we have pain and usually think it's cancer.

The more you worry the more you pain will be.try to relax and talk to your gp.

I had endoscopy twice, each time I have asked to be put to sleep, you don't feel anything , don't let anyone talk you into having it done without be asleep.

If pain gets really bad bad visit A&E ...holly

• Posted

Yes doc did full blood count. All came back ok. Didn't know you could be put asleep for endo procedure. I will look into that. Will visit A&E if the pain does get any worse. Will try and relax but find it difficult due to the constant pain.
    • Posted

I was put under twilight sedation for an upper endoscopy and didn't remember thing except a couple of seconds when they brought me up enough to tell me to swallow. But I was so relaxed it just felt like I was swallowing warm pudding, then I was out again. Next thing I knew they were wheeling me to the recovery room. 
    • Posted

Should get my results sometime this week about HPylori then back to my GP to see what he recommends next. If HPylori would think I will be a course of medication. If not, will follow GP suggestions which I think will be an endoscopy procedure. Really do not want one though. Will update when I hear anything back from GP. Thanks to everyone for your replies and support.
  • Posted

Finally got my results back and I do not have HPylori. Was sure I would have. So this is where I'm up to. Abdominal exam all good. Full blood count all good. Stool sample all good.

I am beginning to think my Doctors original diagnosis of IBS may be correct. The strange thing is the pain is beginning to subside, it has not completely disappeared but not as severe as it has been. Am beginning to think is there some physiological issue happening here. The reason I say this is because when I was waiting for the results of my stool test I noticed I didn't have any pain. After several days of thinking I do not have pain the pain then returned. However not has bad as it has been. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.