Hrt tibolone

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on Hrt for 17 years as early menopause after low mood I visited my GP who was amazing and explained not on the right one as 53 and after lots discussions and research we have come to a conclusion to start tibolone , she also gave me a choice to continue elleste but continual combined daily oestrogen progesterone , but she said this one has less side affects ands improves wellbeing and libido , is there any one on this Hrt ? Joanne 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I've been on tibolone for 9 weeks following recent hysterectomy and ovary removal. I have it is not true hrt it's a steroid substitute and I can't have estrogen due to endometriosis. I get a few hot flushes and feel ok on it but I have put on 12lb in 9 weeks which is not great although some of that due to inactivity through op though speed of weight gain makes me think it is due to it being a steroid. I also ache lots but don't know if that has anything to do with tibolone or not? I hope it works for you and if you having alongside estrogen then that may work better. Good luck 😊
  • Posted

Hi Joanne, 

Try the topic of "Livial" which is the brand name of the drug tibolone. There is a plethora of womens' experiences in that forum topic.  Good luck 

• Posted

I haven't been in touch for a while but I just thought I would come back to this Forum and add a little extra...........I am a 73 Australian woman and have been on Livial for many years and find it is the very best thing for me.   Over the months I have been following what everyone has said about Tibolone/Livial.......mostly good, a few not.

Finally they have discovered that HRT is not as bad as they thought it was!.

In fact there are many things that are down right good about it.

Take a look at Womensenews  ...... article written by Mallory Locklear.

The article is captioned:  'The Heart Doctor Wants to Clear Up Confusion on HRT'.   The doctor is Dr Howard N Hodis.

Very interesting.  

Print it out and take it along to your GP next time he/she says you shouldn't be on HRT.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.