HS and Sex

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone's breakouts been linked to sex? I had an absess for approx. 6 mths, then something happened to my husband and we couldn't have sex for 4 weeks, and absess went away. Started sex again and it's coming back.

I also got a cold so I am not sure if it could be sex or the cold (just a weakened immune system).

Just wondering... thanks

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hmmm I know each month around my period I get flair ups. And I've heard some women have reduced symptoms around menopause so maybe hormones play a part. I personally haven't contacted sex to break outs or flair ups. I do remember when I was pregnant I had no symptoms until I gave birth. Anyway sorry this probably wasn't much help.
  • Posted

Hello ladies, would you like to join my Facebook group HS UK we are all there to help eachother and you are both more than welcome.

Chrissey x

• Posted

I have actually tried to Google to see if food proteins can be passed through sex. There is debate about if proteins from food a man eats can be passed. I am sensitive to nightshades and although I don't have flare ups after sex, I do have a horrible odor the next day if my husband has eaten jalapeƱos, which is a nightshade vegetable. No jalapeƱos, no odor. I wish a doctor would figure out for sure!
  • Posted

Hello stephanie, just a thought...my biggest HS trigger is sweat. Maybe that is triggering your outbreaks???
    • Posted

Thanks I was thinking that! You guys all all so amazing on this support group. Everyone helps even if it's seems like a crazy question. Thanks everyone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.