HS draining

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi there, would like some advice please, my HS has suddenly gotten really bad, I have a wound near my anus and recently had a big flare up. I discovered to my horror it was draining through my anus. I'm horrified and embarrassed. I actually do not know what to do! Any help is greatly appreciated. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi anne

oh my god that sounds painful. Don't delay, go to the doctors. It Sounds like its down to tunnelling under the skin, but it could be something else, as i personally have had them in most intimate places over my body, but ive never experienced this myself, or heard of anyone else having experienced it. 

• Posted

Thank you Kaymate

ill see a doc soon,  however I nearly always get nowhere. After two ops and numerous antibiotics I keep hitting a brick wall. 

sad

• Posted

deff go to Dr for this one, but dont go to your regular if you dont get the responce you desire or deserve..do hot baths like crazy at least 3 X a day in epson salts...who are you seeing for your HS now that is of not a lot of help??...I googled and googled and finally found a plastic surgeon who specializes in HS and have gotten so much more knowledge and help from this...keep us posted and i will be praying for relief, i too am in a flare at the moment (groin)..ugh, I know the pain and hell your in!

• Posted

After the second op the plastic surgeon told me no more could be done. So for a few years I've had no DR. I thought I'll just get on with it. For a while things were fine and now this. 

Thank you for your support and I'm also thinking of you I hope it settles quickly and you don't suffer. 

• Posted

keep searching for a new Dr...there is no cure this is true, but people are more aware of this now...unfortunately its a flare by flare fix....I am beginning to absolutely believe diet and certain foods are deff triggers, i have started deleting them from my diet and inflamation has gone down, something to think about

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.