Hs sufferer of 20yrs and no help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm new to this. I'm a 37yr old male who has stage 3 hs and have not been able to get any help or relief in the Uk. Any tips or help for pain management would be so very grateful

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul, I suffered for 20 years... I promise for me it is food sensitivities. Especially potato and paprika (so even when you follow a good diet you could still be consuming these nightshades).

So I eliminated nightshades, reduced dairy, and tried to reduce high GI sugary foods...  it has been 95% resolved through this.

I think probiotics help as well given it's most likely a gut issue.

If you do anything, try no nightshades (watch for paprika) for at least 3 months... seriously it can change your life!  Please don't write this off as some advice from a health fanatic or hippy, I am far from it.  And tried to research why it works and why it is so little understood.

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply. I have tried every antibiotics for this according to my doctor and had surgery many yrs ago. I have managed my diet as much as possible with no joy
    • Posted

My condition is stress triggered and as you know its a vicious cycle not to be stressed with this condition
    • Posted

When you say you managed your diet, I would have said I was doing that also and was eating nothing by vegetables for 6 months even... however, have you ruled out Nightshades, specifically potato.  One serving of hot chips or wedges or a curry with paprika will give me a boil the size of a golf ball for 2-3 weeks.. and by then I had another serving.

Some people blame nuts and there's science that blames dairy (IGF-1)...

Agree stress makes it worse.

One of the best things to do is start keeping a diary of what you eat.  The affect seems to take about 12 hrs as the food hits the gut

• Posted

Good advice here Paul. I only joined this site a few weeks ago and have picked up so much info from the discussions, plus knowing other people have this condition makes me feel less alone. it's very definitely diet related with me, and yes stress does play a big part too. I would recommend keeping a food/symptom diary.

• Posted

I know it sounds cold but too know I'm not the only one suffering and more people coming out all the time with the condition gives me hope that the medical board will find a more viable cure for this affliction

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.