HSP diagnosis confiemed.

Posted , 3 users are following.

36 year old male in idaho USA. Severe outbreak of rash so bad I can't walk and get smelly ooze all over the carpet. Sleep on per mats. On steroids for 2 weeks now and no relief. Any ideas to try even for just the rash and pain management?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am just going through it now and it sounds very similar to how I was for 4 weeks. I find that coconut oil is very soothing and stops itching. My doctor prescribed Gabapentin for the pain from the skin and Oxycodone for the joint pain. The Gabapentin also helps prevent itching.

?My legs got quite damaged before the steroids started, which then kept the worst of it at bay.

?My dermatologist recommended that I use silver sulfiazadine cream on the blistered areas. Then Telfa covering those areas. Other leg areas vaseline, or coconut oil. Then absorbent dressings on the oozing areas. Bandage legs with some compression, Then use Coban or Ace bandages.

?Change the dressings twice a day, and the first thing we do at the start of each change is to use Olivamine Foaming body cleanser.

?We were prescribed all this after my hospital stay, but have since had to buy some stuff from Amazon.

?After two weeks of this I have seen huge improvements, where the 4 weeks before that I had not really seen anything much happen.

?Hope the information helps, and you get soem releif and see progress.

?I know how debilatating and frustrating this condition can be.

Regards

Andy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.