Huge CYST while PREGNANT

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

Has anyone had a large cyst during pregnancy and how did it get resolved? Would be very appreciated for information.

Mine was discovered at my first ultrasound (9weeks pregnant)back then the cyst was 10 x 6 cm. On my last ultrasound they discovered that the cyst has grown to 13,4 x 10 cm. I am in my 16week now. They told me they would not operate it. I am scared if they dont, I will have some more complications in my late pregnancy and that it will also put me and baby into danger.

Would appreciate any reply.

Thank you

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Zala,

Have they said anything about draining it? That would at least make you more comfortable until you deliver.

I had a friend who was very tiny and by 3 months looked like she was carrying triplets. They decided to operate and everything went fine. This was back in the early 70s. So it is possible if there is risk to you and/or the baby. I assume you are in the UK where they seem to have a wait and see approach.

I would suggest seeking a second opinion. Both for peace of mind and possible alternate options. Seek out the Lead Clinician -Gynecological/Obstetrical

xx

• Posted

Thank you much for the answer!

How big was your friends cyst? And how did they operate her(laparoscopy) ?

They told me if they drain it, it will possibly go back...

I am not doctor, but I think the cyst is too large and according to the growth that is happening I am not very positive about it.

• Posted

Zala,

Her cyst was the size of a full term baby. They did a vertical incision due to the size and did a vertical incision again for delivery 6 months later.

The question is if they drain it will it relieve your body long enough to deliver? Surgery could be scheduled after delivery to remove the cyst.

I am not a Dr. either, but I do feel for you and what you are going through. That's why I suggested a second opinion. For alternate feedback/treatment plan.

• Posted

Hi Zala,

I'm 33 years old and about 2 weeks ago I had huge pelvic cramps and ended up in the ER. So they discovered a 4cm cyst on my left ovary.

I'm also trying to get pregnant. My doctors (3 doctors) told me that there were not anything wrong with early pregnancy and cysts and they also advised that I should not stop trying to get pregnant. They also have a wait and see approach (I'm in Canada). They will operate if need be only if you're in pain or having many issues with the cyst.

Hope this helps, try not to worry too much for the time being.

Nadia

• Posted

Hello I've had a cyst whilst being pregnant they will not operate the cyst while the baby is in there but there can be painful pregnancy and a very bad labour the cyst can burst while giving birth that is not putting baby at risk but you you will probably have a ceserian so look into that ..... Be careful n look out for anysigns of a busting cyst ..... I hope it will all go well for you

• Posted

Thank you much,rose!

How big was your cyst? Was everything ok with you and baby?

I think I will go with caesarian...hopefully they could remove the cyst at the same time if so...

• Posted

Zala,

When you talk to the Dr. stress your want to save the ovary. A surgeon with good cystology skills can often save the ovary if it hasn't been engulfed by the cyst.

Update us when you can on your progress.

xxx

• Posted

Thanks!

I have an appointment tomorrow...will

• Posted

Thanks!

I have an appointment tomorrow....will update you.

• Posted

My cyst wasn't as big as your it was about 6cm but my mother in law had a cyst that was 15cm and everything went ok with the baby but her cyst bursted at delivery so she needed to have an emergency cecerian it was not a nice experience for her but after she was ok they removed everything and her son was ok you just need to be careful and hopefully they will remove the cyst at the delivery of not you will need to have it removed after the birth

• Posted

So its been said.

They will be watching me and would not do anythin for now. They said I am to high in pregnancy (17weeks) for lapatoskopic operation and for puncturing, if they do it, there is a chance of infection.

Hope I could go through it without complications.

• Posted

Zala,

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for an easy pregnancy.

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.