Hungry after having a meal

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism 7 month ago. After taking Carbimazol my thyroxine values normalised. My endo gradually reduced the dose (30mg) and right now I am on 5mg per day.

It seems to me as if gradually the feeling of extreme hunger and restlessness are returning. (I went for another blood test yesterday but the results are not yet in.) 

The annoying thing is that I seem to get even more hungry after a (substantial) meal. My stomach is still full and I am hungry at the same time.

Should I just ignore it to break the cycle or is my body craving something it does not get?  

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think ur getting overactive again as that's what happened to me too then I started losing weight again when they put my dose low .u should go and get blood test done .
  • Posted

Maybe you need to look into nutritional supplements. I know many people with hyper thryroid have good results with L-Carnatine. I might give that a try myself. I spoke to my doctor and she recommended starting on a low dose then increasing if necessary.
    • Posted

Hi

please can you tell me where to buy L-Carnitine from. I am in the UK.

Thanks.

• Posted

I live in the states and just get it online. I'm actually waiting for the first shipment now.
    • Posted

Hi

I hope it improves things for you.

BTW are you taking anything else with it.

Let me know how you do. Lucy

• Posted

Thanks MCamp. I've been taking L-Carnitine for 6 month following the advise of Linda, another user on this forum.  I think it also helped me with regard to muscle recovery. After being hyper my legs, arms, and shoulders were very weak and sore.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.