Hungry but my mind wont let me eat

Posted , 8 users are following.

This is my 2nd post. A month ago I was hit hard with panic attacks, I've been stuck in my room. My doc gave me buspirone, after 3 weeks of taking it I started actually eating and moving around more and actually went out to the store. I thought well if I'm better I don't need it any more. It's been a week and now I can't eat anything. I take bites but I get dizzy or nauseous that I stop eating. I've lost so much weight and I'm scared of being fed through a tube. I try everyday to eat but I feel my mind wants to have a panic attack. I do have an appetite, I love food. I don't feel like therapy will help bcuz they will only tell me what I already know. Has anyone conquered this problem of not being able to eat bcuz of anxiety. I could use positive stories. I want to eat again, I always feel like Im gonna puke but I never do. I have a big fear of puking, it'd very rare for me.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I really don't understand why on earth you went off the meds that had you eating??????? This makes no sense whasoever!!

• Posted

Get back on it. The whole point of it was to function. It finally started working so you went off of it? That makes no sense at all.its not  an antibiotic silly it doesnt heal the problem to where its all gone. You stay on it and live your life.
    • Posted

Yes, I know I'm stupid. It's because for 5 years before this month I was a normal person. No anxiety what so ever. Very social and what not. This showed up because of stress and I assumed I just needed a little help to get back to my normal self. I'm not a fan of meds, but I will start taking them again. Sorry

• Posted

Don't be sorry and you're certainly not stupid, you made a mistake. You're going back on them so obviously you have learned from your mistake. You will feel much better again very soon. Let me know how you're doing

• Posted

If this works for you.. you get your life back. Hopefully you are in therapy too. You cant look back, you cant rewrite the past, the past is gone now. I know you realize that. Dont  waste your energy on the confusion of it all or the past it doesnt fix or help it all. You will have a new normal and thats okay. 
    • Posted

Don't be sorry, Honey....you just made a great decision for yourself. We are so glad you came here and gave us an opportunity to help, dear Felix

• Posted

The only stupid question is one we don't ask. You came here and asked. Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted

Aw honey you don't have to be sorry! lots of people stop taking medication when they feel better only to find they're back to square one.

Start your meds again dear and then you can eat again. The body is an engine, it needs fuel.

Once youre eating again and enjoying your food, gaining a healthy weight, you will be more able to cope with anxiety.

Let me know how you get on, okay?

• Posted

I'm sorry you're feeling bad.  You should definitely start the meds again.  It's ok to take them, nothing wrong with it at all.  Actually nice to hear you say that it worked. My dr just presribed me that same one today. Seriously, take your meds and try some calming techniques in the meantime while your meds kick in again. 

• Posted

Well felix, if you started to feel better, why on earth would you stop after 2 weeks. I can never understand this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.