Husband with AF since September 2015

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

My husband was diagnosed last year with AF and was prescribed beta blockers then Vemerapil of which both made him sleep the moment he got in from work and he just had to eventually come off them . He is now on no prescription but has an irregular heart beat which is just there and at times just like he's got a stitch so he tells me . But he has now had 2 episodes where he feels sick and has upset stomach and is grey and confused but after a few hours the confusion passes and then he says all the other symptoms start to go . But he doesn't go to the Go as they are only as helpful as they can be but obviously he needs to see a consultant of which he has seen when it all started and they were great as he had every test and scan possible which ruled loads of other things but they don't know why this has started as he is only 37 .He does have an appointment in Monday so really glad about that but can anyone tell me if this is just how AF is or does this mean he has got worse or is it now something else as well as AF as I have read and read and hear people have the episodes my husband has for up to 11 days sometimes which is scary . Any info is appreciate it as he hates talking about it so thought I would ask any one who is experiencing it who may be able to help !

Thank you

Annie

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am so sorry for your husband, hope he can get sorted on Monday. "They" told me I had SVT and gave me verapamil which was not efficient, still had the nausea, stomach upset and weakness. Now "they" tell me I have AF and gave amiodarone, I take 100 mg daily. Few side effects but NO episodes so quite happy. Will not take any othe drugs. Good Luck -

• Posted

It is the most effective drug for AF but you are now on the most dangerous drug of all with long term side effects. Have you googled the history of amioarone?
    • Posted

Thank you for your response I'll do my homework on that

Annie

• Posted

Thankyou Derek. No I have not googled, or read the leaflet or looked up symptoms on here. Why ? because I dont need to be imaging any more problems, I hate the rattle and its stopped now, and I am not interested in my life expectancy. I ride horses, I ride motorbikes, I do stupid things and am happy. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.