Hydro dilation injection for frozen shoulder

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is an update:-

Monday afternoon I had this procedure called hydro dilation injection into the joint of my shoulder as I've been suffering with frozen shoulder for three months.

Amazing!!!!!! It's now Saturday evening, the pain has decreased and my movement is returning, albeit slow there is definitely progress going.

Im not taking painkillers, I was on codeine and in a lot of pain most of the time along with sleepless nights.

so five days in I'm sleeping better and actually starting to feel normal again.

Everyone suffering with FS please see about this injection I think it's not broadcast on nhs, maybe expensive don't know!! Nhs do do it though, it's worth it so far........AMAZING!!!!

Also it didn't hurt the procedure just felt a bit weird.

wanted to share with you all out there please look into it if you are suffering 😌

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sara. I had this done on the 19th May. I too felt an improvement. Pain lessened. Sleeping much better (I hadn't slept through the night for months) shoulder mobility improved also. But...... Last Saturday I started to get similar pains again. Has got worse through the week and movement is starting to lesson. Phoned my consultants secretary today to be informed I had SOS on my notes. He was expecting me to get back in touch 😟. She gave me an appointment to see him Monday. I do hope your shoulder continues to get better. I wish mine would
    • Posted

Hi Tracey,

oh no! I'm sorry the pain is returning ,what does SOS stand for? Am I being thick? Don't answer that, it's the sleep deprivation 😜 Are you doing this privately Tracey? Did you or do you have a frozen shoulder?

im really hoping and praying this injection has worked it has cut the pain out although I do get random moments when it's really painful and still can't sleep on that side. Good to hear from you look forward to hearing back from you too . 😊

• Posted

Hi Tracey, wondering how are you doing so far? Hopefully you are doing much better. I will have hidrodilation next month and I do not want tp suffer more pain, is why Im asking you if is worth it.

Thanks a lot and many blessing to you.

I really hope to have good news from you.

• Posted

Hi Sara. I'm on NHS. the sos on my notes is so that his secretary knows to make me an appointment if I call. Rather than be referred via doctor. Must admit I was impressed that I phoned on Thursday and I am seeing him Monday. I must say my shoulder pain is getting worse. How are you x
    • Posted

Hi Tracey, well it was two weeks yesterday that I had the injection, it's still pretty frozen but the pain has reduced dramatically which means iam using it more which is making it stronger.

did you have the hydraulition injection? (Spelled wrong)

i went back to work yesterday first time in 6 weeks! Very part time though but I need some normality in my life.

when you seeing the Dr Tracey?

• Posted

Hi Sara, just wondering how are you doing with your injection. I hope you are doing great so I xan have some hope. I also know Tracy try this herself and wondering also how is she doing. All the best for both.
  • Posted

Hi Sara, I have been on the forum for a few months until recently, as I was trying very hard to get some where with actual treatment of my 2nd FS from my GP instead of being given boxes of Naproxen, (anti inflammatory) & told to grin & bear it 😒 however by seeing a different GP & insisting on seeing a different physio...eventually ...seriously painful months & months later I saw a senior physio...who was the person to refer me for the hydro distension...which I had just yesterday! 

I had this 2 years ago & was extremely difficult so I was terrified I asked my GP for strong painkillers, as back up..as I was dreading it...however this time different doctor different approach & Im praying this will work out. He did say sometimes a patient needs 3/4 of these injections?! But I'm hoping this won't be the case, the physio said I must!! See him 5 days later as this is crucial to recovery. 

Honestly after a year of struggling with this awful disease virtually alone, (friends & family switch off after a while! 😆)... I hope to G that I'll get my arm back! ..

this forum is brilliant for supporting each other through this...so big thanks to    all...as without each other's tips & suggestions it would have felt much much worse 💐

• Posted

Hi Louise, I really hope this injection works for you, I had it done a couple of months ago,it's helped immensely with the pain,it's just still pretty stuck down.im now looking at having an operation in November to release it.key hole surgery and plenty of physio after,. Fingers crossed hope you have some improvement with this injection. Xx
  • Posted

hi, I tried physio, deep tissue massage, stretching with some relief. One day I woke up with my shoulder completely frozen and in so much throbbing pain. I contacted an osteopath who tried stretching my arm out.  she refered me to a well reknown chiropractor in Canada who specializes in shock wave therapy.  I was desperate so I went. He has a three point program- yes, expensive and not covered- but you are an important investment. he was willing to give %10 off if paying for two sessions at a time. I'm on session 6 after the past 3 weeks.  $75 a time otherwise.  

Sessions last about 15 minutes.  time breakdown consists of- 10 minutes of acupuncture, 5 minutes of intense shock wave therapy which is suppose to break down the scar tissue and encourage the area to start healing again- do not take an anti-inflamatory- and then manipulation and stretching.  First few appointments I was in so much pain.  I declined pain killers bc of the type of work I am in.  I found extra strength tylonel thank goodness worked and the topical Bell roll on pepper cream joint relief worked at night with heat.  I had to practice hanging my arm and swinging it and creeping my hand up a wall.  I could not do either as my arm felt stuck in several places.  Throbbing pain stopped and mild aching only.  Third and fourth session started to be able to reach my arm up and out.  Now on 6th, still some aching bc of some postural issues- almost full movement in arm.  Was recommended to take some joint lubricant - one type has shellfish so I couldn't take it bc of an allergy- I will start taking it tomorrow.  I was told to avoid a cortesone shot as it just masks problem and does not treat actual problem.  I am hoping that this therapy continues to be successful and is not as frequent. I would recommend the investment as it apparently cuts the recovery time in half and helps with the ability to unfreeze shoulder much sooner. I wanted to share bc I did not see much on this.  All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.