Hydrocele repair

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ,I had a Hydrocele repair surgery today and I am bit worried because there is a bit of bleeding when I go to bathroom,is this normal,it is getting a bit scary and will ibuprofen be ok for pain relief.

Thank you.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would have that checked out I'm sure it's nothing serious but I donto think that is the norm for a hydrocele surgery(I'm no doc though which is why I say at least give your doc a call just for precautionary sake). Ibuprofen should be fine for pain that's what they told me to take after my 2 surgerys(assuming they didn't prescribe you something then I wouldn't mix anything until you are done with what they prescribed).

• Posted

Thank you for the reply patsfan,it seems to be ok now,but might phone docter Monday morning just to to be safe.hope you are ok now after your two surgerys,just hope I don't need another surgery in the future.

• Posted

The need to have another surgery is usually pretty low my luck just stinks so I wouldn't worry about that at this point. The incision will bleed for a week or 2 and you will have some pain but mostly when you stand. There will be swelling too so don't freak out about that either,any other questions feel free to ask.

• Posted

Shaine,

I had a hydrocele surgery two weeks ago and I can tell you a bit about my experience. After the surgery, I was bleeding quite a bit, to the point where I had to change my gauze every a few hours on the first a few days. I bled more when I walked and when I went to the bathroom because of the blood flow going down to the testicals but less when flat on my back.

Take whatever the doctor prescribed for you, but I honestly don't think Ibuprofen will cut it. My biggest issue was pain. I had unbearable pain when standing or walking. I was initially prescribed Tylenol 3 with codeine and it didn't do much at all. The urologist had to switch me Oxycodone 325 mg (light stuff) in order to feel better. Spotting has completely stopped at twelve days post surgery. Make sure you wear tight underwear or athletic support to ease the pain and reduce swelling. Finally, ice is your best friend. Ice it as often as possible (30 min on & 30 min off).

• Posted

If there is blood in your urine, I would call your surgeon or on-call nurse to make sure it isn't anything serious. I had bleeding at my incision site, but that's normal. My nurse told me it was OK to take Motrin or similar pain relievers, but I was also prescribed a pain killer as well as an anti-inflamatory. 

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi,bleeding has stopped now but I'm really starting to feel the pain now on my right side of my scrotum and there is also swelling but I think that is normal,and lack of sleep is really getting to me now aswell. I think I've had about 5 hours sleep since surgery on Saturday morning.

Thanks for the replys guys,hope you are all ok

• Posted

I had extreme pain when standing for almost two weeks post-surgery as well as swelling and bruising. Everyone's experience is different, but your surgeon should have at least offered to prescribe a pain killer or anti-inflammatory. Personally, the anti-inflammatory worked for me (the pain killer left me in a near comatose state.)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.