Hydrocelectomy today

Posted , 3 users are following.

I will have my hydrocele surgery in about two hours. I'm just about to have 3 paracetamols as prescibed before the surgery. I will try to post more updates tomorrow. 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Thanks  lewman633.  I'm at home again. The surgery took 1 hour 10 min from the moment the nurse told me to take of my clothes to I woke up. General anesthetic. The procedure was Winkelmann's technique. According to the surgeon there was maybe like 250 ml fluid in the scrotum. I don't remember a thing. Total blackout! No dreams! For the moment ( 3 hours post surgery)I have no headache no nausea. It feels like somebody kicked me in the crotch. It's not painful. It's more like unpleasant and I need to be aware of my position.  Standing, sitting, walking in order to prepare for the unpleasant feeling.  I'm expecting MORE pain and more swelling later this evening. I will update you guys. They told me to use codeine phosphate ( painkiller ) if needed. I can have shower tomorrow evening 
  • Posted

I had mine last Friday, things are much improved, it's just a daily struggle with the bruising pain from surgery.
    • Posted

I'm happy to hear that things are much improved for you.  I'm now 2 days post surgery. The dissolvable stitches are gone now. I have no noticeable swelling. I walk around with a Suspensory trap for scrotal/testicle support. It’s still uncomfortable when walking around or sitting in a chair. But it's not what I would consider painful. Most comfortable position is staying in bed. Ice bag feels nice. There is no fever. I will have my shower today. With no infection and no fever I'm pretty sure your pain op628 from surgery will be gone. We are all different.
    • Posted

Thanks for the update. Hope you continue on your road to recovery

Where did you have your op done ?

• Posted

I'm from Norway. My op was done in Trondheim. ALERIS, private clinic which has an agreement with the public healthcare system. In order to speed up the process they sometimes transfer patients to private clinics when it comes to minor surgeries. 
    • Posted

I'm in good shape now.  I don't need the meds anymore, and tomorrow is my first follow up appointment. 
    • Posted

Hi. It's like 5 days since I had my surgery. I'm feeling fine. There is no swelling and I have no fever. Walking works fine. I've been showering. The dissolvable stitches are gone. I'm not using any painkillers. I'm still wearing suspensory trap for scrotal/testicle support. It feels most confortable.  I find it most uncofortable to sit in a chair. It's not painful but I have to basicaly stand up after a while. I sleep on my back.
    • Posted

I'm happy to hear you are recovering. Do you wear scrotal/testicle support? I have no follow up appointment.
    • Posted

Congratulations to both of you.

How long was you on the meds ?

Not good to hear your uncomfortable sitting down

I drive for a living so it will seriously impair me if that is the case

• Posted

How many stitches did you have and have they told you to put any creams on them to help healing ?

How long did you ice for?

• Posted

=12.0ptHi. Thanks for asking lewyman633.  I'm almost 6 days post surgery. It's hard to tell how many stiches...maybe 6 -> counting what looks like where they have been. They are all gone now. It looks like the incision was maybe like max 3 cm long. I had no instruction on using creams. I took my first shower like 48 hours post surgery. Of coarse taking care not to =12.0ptsplash water on =12.0ptthe area close to the incision. After the shower patting the area dry carefully, with a clean =12.0pttowel=12.0pt ....Today it is less uncomfortable to sin in my chair. I think I feel a tiny progress when it comes to sitting in the chair. I can sit for a bit longer. When it comes to ice it felt nice first couple of days.I used it twice a day. =12.0pt=12.0pt I din't not use it after that. I actually drive for living as well...so we will see...I will update you. I think we will all get better with some time. I'm pretty sure you will as well.
    • Posted

I read somewhere that it is easier to use a hairdryer to dry the incision area Then your not touching it
    • Posted

I try using support, but it ends up falling off or I have to readjust.  The exposed stitching on the ends is painful if bumped, not comfotable.
    • Posted

Wearing support was awkward but it was helpful I think. It was less uncofortable than wearing boxers. I slept with teh support as well. I think I wore it for like 5 days. I agree one the exposed  incision. If bumped one will feel som pain. I'm pretty sure the pain will be gone with some patience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.