Hydrocelectony

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone tell me if they are going to shave my entire pubic area for this surgery 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Most likely not. When I had my surgery, only scrotum (ballsack) was shaved. You will have some pain after surgery but it won't be to bad. Take OTC pain meds and rest a few days. I was officiating high school varsity boys soccer game 45 days post op without any discomfort.

Take care,

MK

• Posted

They don't really shave, instead they clip the hair to avoid cuts. When mine was done they clipped the area of incision and up above.

• Posted

I shaved mine before hand lol so i dont know, but im pretty sure they would have to at least shave the scrotum to make the incision. But like Dr. Evil said "there is something exhilarating about a freshly shaved scrotum"

• Posted

Before my surgery, I asked if I should shave or anything like that and was told not to, that they would clip/not shave because of potential cuts, but it does look like they shaved that one strip where the incision was made. And you're right with that quote :-)

• Posted

I have watched a video of the surgery looks like it could be painful afterwards hopefully they get rid of the pain that I have been having  goes clear through to my back  and my hip anyone else have lots of pain with this 
    • Posted

There was no chance of me watching a video of this before I had mine, otherwise I think I would have chickened out.

Your surgeon should prescribe a pain killer or anti-inflammatory. My phyiscian assisant told me the nerves in that area are like zebra striped that run from back (your bum,) around your hips, to your front, so the pain you're experiencing might be all connected. Ask your doctor.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.