hydrodilation

Posted , 4 users are following.

I really want to try hydrodilation treatment for my frozen shoulder, but my local area dont do it. I believe we can now get refered to a hospital of our choice. Does anyone know a hospital in the UK that provide this on the NHS . Alternatively and I hope not, any one who will do it privately.

This is the 2nd frozen shoulder I have had and as I'm 68 dont want to waste my years waiting for it to go. Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I wonder if anyone has any more information about hospitals offering this treatment for frozen shoulder. I can't find any hospital apart from a couple in the south east which offer it. Any advice would be very welcome. Thanks.
  • Posted

I am also interested in where to.go for.hydrodilation ..I live in Wiltshire UK
    • Posted

I've no idea for Wlltshire but I'm scheduled to see a consultant called Lennard Funk in Cheshire with a view to this.  I'm seeing him via Bupa but I believe he also does NHS work at Wrightington hospital.  If you can't find anyone local, it might be worth considering travelling as the procedure is done on a day clinic basis.  I think it costs around £250 for a consultation privately.  Not sure how much the hydrodilation would cost.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.