Hydrosele 4th day questions and regretting the surgery.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I don't like bugging my doctor as I just don't feel right hard to explain self worth paranoia blah blah. But I was told bed rest for like 4 weeks, are we talking some serious bed rest like the last 4 days had been or are we talking I can take more then 4 steps without being in excruciating pain (current situation) Im afraid of atrophy and mind numbing boredom (keeping busy with ps4) but I've also got a family a mom thats 67 who's currently taking care of me (the opposite of why she relocated here) and a girlfriend who can't cook to save our lives and it strips away my personal dignity and what little self worth I have everytime I ask them to bring me some water let alone to dump my urinal. Just looking for some information from others that have had this surgery.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Bro...its ok....you can walk slow from 2nd day itself(if you're fine enough)..Don't be depressed much...did they pack your scrotum with cotton? If yes,you can walk and you can urinate in washroom without anyone's help...but take HIGH CARE not to get your cotton pack wet...by bed rest,doctor mean spend most of your time on bed and don't strain yourself...are your sutures dissolvable?
  • Posted

You should walk slow with care so that your sutures won't open up.Remember to walk real slow...
  • Posted

First few days sucked it it gets better you SHOULD get up and walk around a little bit you don't have to stay immobilized you just need to spend most of the time off your feet. Ice it and if they didn't give you a supporter use tighty whities, don't do any heaving lifting for about 4 weeks but you should be back to your normal routine after a week or so (it will be sore and swollen for quite some time though).
  • Posted

I had similar surgery to yours. It was removal of spermatocele. First post op day I took off of work and did icing most of the day and stayed in recliner. Walked slowly. Second post op day I worked all day long from home. It was unncomfortable to sit but not too painful. From post op day 3 I was driving and back to office work. Important is to wear good supporting underwear. Stitches started dissolving at post op day 8. At post op day 46, I was already at soccer field officiating High school varsity boys game. 

I was 49 years old on that time.

keep moving to prevent blood clots and other activities as tolerated.

• Posted

I'm at post op day 4 now

I've not experience any of the symptoms that some people have.

Guess I'm just lucky

I've removed all the dressing from the incision in the shower yesterday although it did sting a bit when I got water on it

I'm just wearing the support all the time now

I keep having the odd twinges from the itching as it begins to knit together.

My question is

Has anyone still got the warm feeling in their groin area because I have

It feels exactly the same as it did before Op or could it be the bruising and swelling ?

The nurses at the hospital never told me to use ice and I haven't really felt the need to

• Posted

It's not a good idea to remove all the dressing on the 4th day itself... In my case doctor highly warned me not to get that dressing wet.He removed it on the 4th day but still asked me not to get the incision wet and put a cotton pad between the scrotum and underwear... After one week,he removed my sutures and allowed me to bath and said getting it wet is no harm anymore.

Warmness in the groin area,I felt it sometimes...I also felt pulling sensation in my lower abdomen... Its ok...I had it done on May 23rd... Now I'm almost completely healed....GET WELL SOON BRO!

• Posted

I've got dissolvable stitches. I feel fine in myself. No pain just itching like crazy. I might go for a drive tomorrow to see how I get on with that activity

• Posted

Car

My incision is right down the front. About 2 inch long and ive still got supporting so it's out way of getting caught

• Posted

So its been quite a while and I feel much better some on mentioned a warm sensation I experienced this just yesterday but I was also busy out and about doing stuff so I excused myself by explaining I am still recovering from surgery and sat down and it went away.

I think I had quite abit of initial "fear" and "regret" this has definitely subsided to joy as now I have normal sized groin I find sitting more enjoyable and less social stigmata in the gym and self confidence when the possibility of a bedroom encounter is present.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.