hydrostatic distension treatment south England

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Does anyone know of any clinics/hospitals that do this procedure in the south of England?

What is the cost?

Thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lucia,

I had it done at the fortius clinic in Mayfair in london. It's not cheap I was lucky I had insurance, I think it's about 300 pounds. It really helps with the pain for sure. Good luck!

• Posted

II had to look up the treatment is so new. It seems to have good results for many in the clinical,studies I read.

I am in the US and Xiaflex injection helped me. The injection helps break up the collagen that binds up the shoulder capsule. It is a protien it also worked on my fingers for Dupuytrens. 

See more ore info online.

many blessings sent your way!

• Posted

Hi

Thanks for the advice , has it given you relief regarding the pain?

How much was your procedure?

Thanks

Lucia

• Posted

Hello Lucia, I had this done a week ago at a local smallish private hospital. Why don't you ring round and ask for a fixed price and ask whether  you need to be referred? I was referred by the orthopaedic surgeon who's been dealing with my fractured humerus. It was really quick - 15 mins- and uncomfortable rather than painful. It was carried out by a radiologist using X-ray imaging .

• Posted

My arm immediately felt freer on a low level: I could reach out to either side. I can do some exercises with no feeling of tightness.There was no dramatic improvement reaching forward and up but a week on I can get things out of the kitchen cupboards with only a little stiffness at the end. I have less pain going over speed bumps etc but pain is a bit unclear as my Physio has stepped up manipulation at the end of ROM and has given me harder exercises to try to capitalise on the hydrodilation so my muscles are complaining! The Physio reckons it will be 3 weeks before the full benefit of the procedure will kick in. I'll post again then.

As regards cost, I have a package deal for all my treatment since May so I'm afraid I don't know the individual cost of this part. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.