Hyperhydrosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Sorry to see there are so many of us suffering from this, yet there is no

Sound medical solution. I do not have fibromyalgia and menopause/hysterectomy were 10 years ago. I quit smoking 3+ years ago with Chantix. Since then my tongue burns whenever I eat hot or spicy or salty foods. And I mean BURN!!! I think that is when the head sweating started too

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Gail

I'm so sorry you've had this going on for such a long time, you said after you quit smoking this thing with your tongue burning ? I have been having an issue with that happening to me with hot or spicy foods even ketchup burns my tongue, I've got where I don't even put it on my fries . I don't know what in the world that is, and anything mentioned to doctors seems like they think your crazy. Have you ever found out anything about the tongue issue ?

• Posted

Same problem----Doctors think I'm crazy. I can manage the tongue burning, but I can no longer handle the sweating. So I was wondering if anyone with these symptoms also used Chantix.

• Posted

I have never used Chaotic, I don't have the sweating problem anymore but I went through it for years and as it turns out it was one of my medications that was causing mine. Are you on any kind of med's on a regular basis? If so research them and see what the side effects of it is. Mine was my B/P medicine, METOPROLOL I was taking for my blood pressure and I had my doctor change it and problem solved. Keep me updated & God Bless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.