hypertension

Posted , 4 users are following.

high blood pressure always very high when visting doctor or hospital when for stress test couldnot go on tredmill bp 210 over 110.sent home took bp 160 over 95 then ten minuets later okay 130 over 80 ,get very stressed when visting anywhere i am having bp taken as its alway scaringly high

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This is very common, the same happens to me it is called white coat syndrome, nothing you can do, the harder you try to lower it, it just goes up its nerves 
  • Posted

Did they refuse to let you do stress test or did you refuse because of high bp, sometimes exercising brings it down especially if you do it regularly
    • Posted

they would not let me start frustration ,i walk nearly every day and walked 8miles on sat,so i do exercise because it was sky high they wouldnot take the risk

• Posted

I was the same when my BP was first discovered 210/110. I had to take meds for four days until it came down enough (168/80) for the stress ECG. Then I got a false positive result as I always do and that leads to an angiogram. Just as well that it came down as we were going on a long haul flight the nwxt week and they had not wanted me to fly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.