Hyperthroid condition after two months treatment

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Am Rajesh, Aged 30.. 

Few months back I used to feel tired and used to get headache , hence my doctor suggested to go for thryroid test . 

blood reports showed that, the thyroid levels  are high, after one more blood check test, Doctor confirmed that I am hyperthryoid . 

Intillay they gave hyeprthryoid tablets for one month and stooped for 10 days, later they asked to go ROI up take test. 

in The ROI update it showed the update as 3.6% .. so they confirmed that its grave deasie and ask to go for radio iodine treatment . 

Hence two months back I took 10mci ROI tablet. my tiredness reduced little bit but still there whenever I do some physical work .. and also I still I feel light headedness and little headache  whenever I bend my head . 

Still I am not able concentrate on my work .. its eating my propession work .. 

is this still common..? How long it will take  to come atleast better condition . 

Exactly 8 weeks over after my ROI treatment. 

Since I am currently out of station am not able to reach my doctor.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

When I was diagnosed in 2007, I absolutely refused treatment with RAI or TT.  Neither one of those procedures gets rid of the antibodies that cause this disease. Today all my thyroid levels are normal on a dose of 2.5 mg of Methimazole, my antibodies are normal and my Endocrinologist has given me the choice to stop the medication.  I do not feel quite ready to do so yet. Now that you have had this procedure done, it is important to be monitored closely for your thyroid levels and to be given thyroid hormone replacement when your levels indicate you are hypothyroid.  Has this happened for you?
    • Posted

They asked to do the next thyroid test after 12 weeks of the treatment .. so I would meet my doctor  .. this month end I will complete 12 weeks .. so will be back to my station by that time .. since there is no considerble improve after the RAI i though of asking here .. and everyone suggested me to go for RAI as it safe and works better .. Even my doctor said this treatment is boon for hyperthroid patient.  so choosed that option .. 
    • Posted

Yes most, if not all, endocrinologists will push these treatments but for many of us, we knew it was not the answer and did our own research, talked to each other and became proactive in our care.  We shared with each other what we learned and what worked for us.  I have heard from many patients who are not happy with the results of RAI.  My sister-in-law had it and said you never feel normal again.  Another lady made a documentary film about her treatment with RAI and poor health for 30 years until her doctor gave her a different type of thyroid replacement.  Unfortunately the medical profession is slow to change and not open to new information.  What we found was that because our thyroids were running so fast, we lost a lot of vitamins, minerals and amino acids from our bodies and we replaced these with supplements.  You might want to get your vitamin D, Magnesium and carnitine levels measured and replace them if they are deficient as they were in most of us.  We changed our diets to avoid artificial sweeteners like Aspartame, sugar and gluten and strive to eat diets of fresh fruits, vegetables and proteins.  All this helps tremendously in improving how we feel.  Those are steps you can take as well. 
    • Posted

Thanks for detailed information ..  Since I had to travel immediatly for 3 months, I thought it would be better one .. and also doctor was mentioning American vice president Bush was given with same treatment .. so all these made me to just go with RAI treatment.. anyhow I will discuss with my doctor once I meet him .. 
    • Posted

Hi,

Recently I visited my doctor on my thyroid issuse .. so its been almost 10 weeks after my ROI treatment .. After updating my symtompts doctor told that you must have gone to now other side of the thyroid(hypothryroid) so go for blood check up .. so I went for that blood check up .. after blood reports he told that now your thyroid has gone and you have become hyporthryroid .. and he said now he will sort it and gave thyronorm 100mci tablet and Davin v3 tablet and asked to come after 15 days .. 

But my worry is : 

1. Is it possible that ROI treatment worked so fast ?

2. Now will I be hypothryroid forever ?

3. What happen to the ROI(which I had taken, will it be still removing thryroid cells)

Still my main problem headache  is exists .. i.e slowly my head gets lightheadedness and starts paining and gets severe headache once a week ..   

.. Now putting on lot of wieght

• Posted

Hi,

Recently I visited my doctor on my thyroid issuse .. so its been almost 10 weeks after my ROI treatment .. After updating my symtompts doctor told that you must have gone to now other side of the thyroid(hypothryroid) so go for blood check up .. so I went for that blood check up .. after blood reports he told that now your thyroid has gone and you have become hyporthryroid .. and he said now he will sort it and gave thyronorm 100mci tablet and Davin v3 tablet and asked to come after 15 days .. 

But my worry is : 

1. Is it possible that ROI treatment worked so fast ?

2. Now will I be hypothryroid forever ?

3. What happen to the ROI(which I had taken, will it be still removing thryroid cells)

Still my main problem headache  is exists .. i.e slowly my head gets lightheadedness and starts paining and gets severe headache once a week ..   

.. Now putting on lot of wieght. 

• Posted

Yes Rajesh.  Now you will be hypothyroid for the rest of your life and will have to take thyroid hormone replacement.
    • Posted

But my doctor was telling once it becomes normal then you may not required thyronorm 100mcg( thyroid hormone replacement.) .. 

and How to keep the weight undercontrol ? if I do any diet I get tired .. 

Will occurance of my headache come down after few weeks?

• Posted

The aim of Radiation therapy for thyroid is to destroy the thyroid and then provide replacement thyroid hormone.  This is usually done with a replacement synthetic T4 thyroid hormone like Synthroid.  A lot of people do not do well on synthetic T4 alone.  There are some people who require a T3/T4 combination like Armour and do better on that.  I do not know about the headache, sorry.  The weight issue is also a problem once your thyroid has been destroyed and it is more difficult to lose weight. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.