Hyperthroidism

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I am Hperthyroid, and my TSH was 0.08. I started neomercazole but after 3 days i have sore throat and fever but my CBC was perfect. My Endo advised me to stop neomercazole for 5 days and after that perform a Thyroid Scan. I am affraid that anything else can come up in scan. And if anyone know what is proccess of scan, then please share. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Muhammad...Sorry to hear your not feeling great at the moment. I had a thyroid scan about a year ago. The process does not hurt and is usually completed within 10 mins. You will have to lay down on a bed & the lights will be off - this is to enable the doctor to be able to see clearly. The will place some cold jelly over the front of your neck where your thyroid gland is located. This enables a picture to be transmitted back to the screen & makes the scan probe move easily over your skin. They will then have a look back at the images to check all is ok. Try not to worry & I hope you feel better soon ?

• Posted

Hi Muhammad,

stop being afraid ...   your lucky to having a scan ...  and that means it can be dealt with very quickly if anything does  show up ... but it's probably very unlikely that anything will....  I have Hyperthyroid  disease ..Graves disease 

I was put on Carbimazole ... which is the equivalent to your meds.

I was very ill at the beginning of my treatment with Hyper symptoms   .. that was  one year ago...

I too developed a ' sore throat '    but was told ... that a real sore throat with Carbimazole is absolutely dreadful ... you cannot speak or eat !

and hey !  if it's not for you .. then they will give you an alternative ..

So... just keep pushing and annoying people till you get your appts.

and always get copies of your blood results ... which are yours !

by the way ..I have managed to get my Graves' disease under control and am now Euthroid.. so you can do it too ! keep asking questions on here and lots of good folk will help you...I was determined to keep my thyroid which was in good health before I got this disease... it is my immune system that is causing all the problems ... attacking a healthy thyroid .. learn to love your thyroid and keep it well and balanced .. maybe with the help of supplements 

and feed your immune system with the right supplements to make it better so it lays off attacking your thyroid ... or anything else 

the very Best of Luck to you ...

M??X 

• Posted

Thanks alot madge. That gives me much courage.

But can you tell me when will my weight starts improving after starting the meds. I am much worried about mu weight and my skin color also got dull.

• Posted

Hi Muhammad ...  I take it from your question about weight .., that youre losing weight ?     

i can't really help you there,  as ... the strange thing with my Graves' disease 

or Hyperthyroid, was that I never lost or put on any weight ...  just stayed

the same quite healthy  weight for years ..  Thank God ...

and , as for skin colour ...  I sure looked ill,  with very dry skin and pale 

colour ...  that has all improved ...id say that three months after starting on Carbimazole I was feeling pretty well indeed  ..  but I started to get the benefits a few weeks after starting it .... so have strength my friend .,, and 

start a regime ... Google Hyperthyroid disease ... and see what supplements

are most beneficial ...  the internet is a mine of information   start counting the days till you re feeling much better ..

m??x 

P.s.  start a new discussion asking the diet question ... lots of people will be interested and reply ...good luck ..

• Posted

Hi Muhammad, I was diagnosed with Graves over a year ago and also had a scan. The scan is a helpful tool for the endrocronologist and causes no discomfort. I too was quite ill at the time, had just dropped 25 lbs in ten days. My levels have not been steady but I believe I need to follow a healthier diet along with the Meds. Hang in there it is frustrating but education is your best friend. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.