Hyperthyroid treatment success

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, anyone have treatment success with hyperthyroid? Did your symptoms disappear? I have subclinical. I'm so afraid the anxiety won't go away, I've never had a problem with it before sad

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

What are your labs?
    • Posted

My last tsh showed 0.3. It fluctuates between that and 0.2. Everything else normal except I had a high reverse t3 in October but haven't had that checked since. Thinking I should talk to my endo about getting the reverse t3 done as wellagain.

• Posted

Some people with Graves Disease have long periods of remission. My blood work is still not good but fortunately the medication is working for me right now. My symptoms were also different from yours. Hope you feel better soon!
    • Posted

Heat intolerance, insomnia, severe leg pain, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, headaches, weigh loss. Hope you saw the answer to your medication question. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi yes mine disappeared after a year's treatment.  I had a lot of problems prior to having.  I really did rely on exercise, breathing, distraction, occupying my time differently, reading, writing.  The anxiety was with me and still is to a degree but managing a lot better .  Now ten years on.  I still have tests.  The anxiety really got to me.  I didnt have anxiety issues prior. I had to change my life around

• Posted

I really want this to not be Graves and be thyroiditis. Do you recall your TSI?
  • Posted

my t3, t4 and tsh were well out of normal ranges.  tsh was problem at 7 months stayed at 0.01 to 0.03 nearly all way through. But then recovered. As far as I can see the treatment for hyperthyroid is as it is.  The medication has side effects.   I had to reread the medication leaflet to reassure myself that it is the medication "at work".  I am pragmatic and saw it as once you have the diagnosis and the treatment you have to care for yourself.   It is that aftercare that doesnt come prepackaged and I had to try different things.  I found exercise and a program of various activities to suit myself mainly to distract and to show myself that I could still achieve  and workthough things.  

• Posted

I agree 100% with Pat. It's not just taking a pill. That's the quick fix. I can't see that it would work entirely, although my physician claims there is no relation to food, he does agree with activities and or exercise being helpful in treatment. Also, trying to eliminate as much stress as possible and knowing when to listen to your body. For example, in my situation, I feel my stressful lifestyle is what brought my condition out so I have tried to alter that wherever possible. I know several people who have found healthy eating and exercise beneficial.

• Posted

It's been 14 mos for me and I'm still at 0.01 TSH. My T3, T4 are fine. I have seen 2 endo and they both have suggested the iodine Radation but I'm not ready to do that yet. I feel like I haven't been given the correct dose of Methimazole. I have only been 5mg . BUT let me stress this is me. I don't have severe problems like some do with this. My emotions are all over the place but I sleep good, no problems with eyes etc... So now having my antibodies retested because it may be that I have Graves and Hashimoto’s Disease. Which I have read the meds on the proper dose can be very effective . Oh and I have nodules which are a whole separate issue. Sometimes you have to be your own advocate and read and research !!!! Best of luck!!!

• Posted

Hi....yes! My symptoms have improved loads. My tsh before treatment was 0.03. My symptoms were anxiety++, heat intolerance, raised heart rate - upto 130bpm whilst resting, raised bp, shaking, not being able to rest, anger like ive never experienced & always having to clean. If im honest I felt really crappy. My Consultant started me on 10mg Carbimazole about 6 weeks ago. I was reluctant to start it due to all the bad reviews but honestly, its working great. Infact after sitting watching a film yesterday with my hubby for 2 hours, he thinks my Carbimazole is working too well as i didnt feel the need to do the dishes, take the bins out, clean the toilet or wash the windows, whilst screaming at him 'this house is a bloody mess'....hang in there, i know its horrible but there is light at the end of that dark tunnel ?? xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.