Hypnosis/hypnotherapy

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys. Would just like to share a long story short.

I am 34 years old, got my first encounter with Paroxysmal Afib at the age of 27/28.

This has been a life quality I would not welcome anyone to have.

It becomes an evil sircle including anxiety, agony and all that.

Especially when that young. It has been going on every day and night on and of for 1,5 years now. ( have never been that long) Especially when im in bed on the left side of the body. First i always got it while sleeping, and then it began when i was awake...

Well I have had my treatment with: Medicine (tambocor) but i dont like meds, so i stopet that, only took if i got an \"attack\". Had my restart of the heart, had a surgery ablation...

Done lots of exersize (gym), chewed lots of vitamins, had sonetherapi (feets).

And finaly I did try Hypnosis (clinical). Have had 2 session with it, and I have been symptom free now since. it is 4 weeks ago since my last session and I want to have a new one in the end of January.

The problem is I cant scientificly prove that this is the action that helped me, but hey the same day I got better. And I am beginning to smile again.

If you want to hear more about his please contact me as I would be glad to help. I know how it is to live with!! And it is not a life I could recomend!

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi re Atrial Fibrillation- I was interested you have tried hypnotism- I have

someone cominghere next Tuesday - but firstly she is going to work on

my nerves, when I was diagnosed a doctor in the practice told me \" I may

not be there tomorrow morning!!! ) such a shock- I was pleased to read

you have had success- I never realized it was possible to get any help or

cure! have you heard about PRAXADA (hope spelling is right ) it is an

alternatice to Warfarin, 2 pills a day instead of worrying about blood tests

and what you eat or rather cant eat. My girl friend in Virginia toldme on

phone- it is used there- should be out any time now( its on computer only

trouble is it cost £2 something per week- warfarin costs pennies!! Good luck Emi.

• Posted

I'd like to have the full report. I'm a hypnotist - practice self hypnosis and also have pretty bad AFIB.

I've been afraid to use hypnosis on it because I thought my heart may slow too much.

It's said that meditation does work and I do that too but haven't tried it here.

Thanks

MajorHart

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed an email address as it is site policy to not display these. There will be a private mesaging service available soon.

• Posted

Hi MajorHart!

Do you have good experience with afib and hypnosis? I want to bring hypnosis into the treatment of afib at the hospital where I work as a CCU-nurse, as I'm studying to become a prof hypnotherapist.

regards, Kees Ruhe

• Posted

I have afib and pretty much 24 hours a day.

I'm also a hypnotist and make hypnosis cd's. I haven't a clue as to what a hypnotist might say in the sessions to help afib. I did listen to another person's hypnosis mp3 the other day and my afib lessened.

He wasnt' talking about afib but just about taking charge of my life.

Do you know of an afib mp3 that's for sale.

Thanks

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed an email address as it is site policy to not display these. There will be a private mesaging service available soon.

• Posted

Hi. I hope the moderator gets the private messaging section going soon or changes that police because wwhat good can we be to each other with no contact. information.

I have afib and my doctor says I will probably have it the rest of ny life. I'm 74 and would like to live a lot longer with great wife.

I'm on warfarin but off right now as I have cataract surgery scheduled.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi there Atrial fibrillation!

I'm a dutch cardiac care nurse and I'm studying to become a professional hypnotherapist. I want to try to influence afib with hypnosis, but there's nothing to find about it... Until. I ran into your comment!

did it help you in the long term?

And could you help me in getting rhe mailadress of the hypnotherapist who helped you? I really hope hypnosis did help you and I hope I'll be able to help people here in Holland!

Kees Ruhe, Hoofddorp, Netherlands

• Posted

Hi Guest,

Just read your post of a year ago re Hypnotism and would be very interested to know if your being free of Afib continued after the 4 weeks - I do hope so. I assume it works like a Beta Blocker by helping you to slow your heart beat but without the pills?

Cheers Maggie

• Posted

Please share how you found the right hypnotist for AFIB.

Thanks

Philip Athens Georgia USA

• Posted

Last month I gone frustrated with some personal reasons and share this problem with my close friend and he suggests me to contact with hypnotist Dawn Grant who is very experienced hypnotherapist.  She gives me a hypnosis session which helps me to overcome from stressed and hence I believe in hypnosis now days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.