Hypothryoid and undereye

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been noticing really bad puffy undereyes since having hypothryoid. And they just feel tired and heavy. It's starting to really effect my confidence, cause everyone just comments how tired I look.

I"ve been trying different homemade remedies to help depuff undereye like chilled tea bags, chilled cucumber, and etc. But don't see much of a difference in using them other then the chill part feeling good.

Is there any other way to help depuff undereye that actually works for those with hyprothyroid? Any homemade remedies, or products I could buy?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello PRthyroid:

I am an RN -Nurse and live in the USA.

I have heard of people using ointment made for hemmorroids as it tends to shrink swelling.  Be very careful not to get any in the eyes. Use a litlle bit. 

Of course the product was not intended for that use!  So be careful and use a very small amount.  I heard this from a professional make-up artist.  This person also said you can use "concealer make-up" many brands, available in beauty stores.  It would cover up dark areas under the eyes.

I hope this helps.  Shelly

• Posted

Search for 'adrenal glands and puffy eyes'. Best test for this is reported to be the 24 hour saliva test.
  • Posted

Thanks guys for the response. I will look into the adrenal glands test. After reading some articles on "adrenal glands and puffy eyes" alot of it just seems to be from stressors. I have been going thru alot lately and that's probably what may be causing it, even tho I sleep thru the night and get around 8 hours of sleep. Maybe it has to do with my low vitamin D levels as well as other low vitamins in the body as well.

As for make up, I'm allergic to alot of stuff, and prefer not to use it cause I don't want to constantly pull at the skin (since under eyes have thinner skin tissue) and cause it to get worst over time as I age. Not sure about the hemmorroid ointment tho, but I'll look into it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.