Hysterectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all I go for a vaginal hysterectomy to tomorrow!! As anyone had this and how many days was u in hospital and was u in a lot of pain after??xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Theresa,

I had my vaginal hysterectomy 2 weeks ago today ( I am 34), only uterus and cervix removed. I stayed in hospital 3 nights though they did try to get rid of me after 2. I was in a lot of pain the first 24 hrs until they removed the internal packing and catheter, since then it has been more like bad period pains at worst and no pain at best. I am more tired than anything. I am very lucky to have a fantastic support system in place at home so I am literally doing nothing. I do know when I have done too much though because I get a tugging pain.

Good luck with yours.

Anna xx

• Posted

I had mine two weeks tomorrow and I'm as right as rain no pain killers since operation mine was laparoscopic assisted x good luck ps I went home the next day x
  • Posted

I had mine two weeks tomorrow and I'm as right as rain no pain killers since operation mine was laparoscopic assisted x good luck ps I went home the next day x
  • Posted

Hi.  I had mine a few months ago.  Was supposed to just be in overnight but as they had to do a couple of repairs as well I had to keep catheter in two days so stayed two nights.  The only pain was from the internal pack which comes out the following day.  After that nothing at all and I am fully recovered.  Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.