Hysterectomy on Monday!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm 35 years old and I will be having a hysterectomy only thing doc will leave in is my right ovary everything else will be taken out. I'm very nervous for surgery because I'm terrified I'll start hemorrhaging or something will go wrong. But on the other hand Im tired if being in excruciating pain. I'm a mother of 6 kids ages range from 19 down to 3 I gave birth to 4 and adopted my niece and nephew from my sis in law during seperate times.. I have a lot of other health issues so I am trying to take care of myself as much as possible so that I can be healthy for my children. I mainly ask for prayers and advice for those of u who have had the surgery already. Thank you!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello Marie I'm 8 days post op, surgery was fine and pain killers help keep on top of them :-) get yourself some wind tablets I am still taking them now and peppermint tea you get a windy belly :-) I also got a shower stool and v Pillow which have helped me! I am 39 with two kids, ask school mums to help you out getting the children to school! I also got my kiddies in training the weekend before making sure they sorted there school stuff out, little things help!

This site has been a god send for me with support! We are all here wish you all the best for Monday xx

• Posted

Thank you Karen! Thankfully all the kids will have all next week off for Thanksgiving and my husband also has this entire week off I was able to schedule it like that cuz I knew everyone would be home since I'm the one who takes them all and picks them up from school and I have 5 kids going to 5 different schools so it's exhausting. I always think the worst guess my biggest fear is losing too much blood or hemorrhaging.. pain I can totally handle and I know they will give me meds for that I also deal with kidney stones on a regular basis so I know what excruciating pain feels like lol. I'm very glad I came across this site for advice and help everybody is so sweet it's a blessing

• Posted

Hi Marie i have got mine the following Mnoday 28th November and im also very nervous Im worried about all the reading i have been doing about bladder problems after the operation, and not being able to pee afterwards , please let me know how it goes i could do with something possitive to put my mind at rest takecare Paula xx
    • Posted

Hi Paula I had a full abdominal hysterectomy last Friday at 5pm I was home Monday dinner :-) woke up with a catheter fitted no bother at all, even to take it out doesn't hurt just like removing a tampon, I kept going all the time after having it removed so had to have it back in for one more night, having it re-fitted no trouble at all :-) I've been fine since, you go a little more often than you have before but after a week it's settled down loads! It doesn't hurt to go :-) xx

• Posted

Hi Karen thanks for the reply  im not worried about it being fitted its just after it comes out,  am i going to have problems peeing? ive read many storries where some women cant pee and need to go home with one in and thats what really worries me thanks Paula x oh and long is it in for?
    • Posted

Hello Paula I had mine in from Friday while sun aft, I was peeing but frequently and wasn't emptying my bladder fully so had to have it back in for one more night, then second time out I was fine :-) some people have to go home with one for 7 days max I think xx

• Posted

Hi Paula,I will definitely let u know how it goes after the operation hopefully I can pee properly and won't have issues but we shall see.

• Posted

Hi Marie, Im having my surgury on Mon also.

Dont worry! The surgury is pretty routine and I know youll be fine. Im hoping to keep my ovaries but the nurse said he will remove them if he thinks its best to. Im sorry you are having the surgury as Im sure you are kept busy with your children.

Take care of youself, ill be praying for your speedy recovery!

• Posted

Simpleseminole, good luck to you as well on your surgery!! I have been with this doctor since I was 16 almost 20 years as my doctor and I fully trust him I know I'm in good hands. I actually chose to remove the left ovary it's been giving me the worst pain for years I just can't handle it anymore he said I should be ok with just my right ovary. Praying you have a safe surgery and speedy recovery!!

• Posted

Hi ladies!! Had my surgery yesterday and everything turned out well. I am in quite a bit of pain since then but thank God for pain medicine. I had my uterus, cervix, both Fallopian tubes and my left ovary removed. My doctor told me that my left ovary was stuck to my pelvic sidewalk and with lots of scar tissue he says that is what most likely caused my pain on that side. I always knew something wasn't quite right.He placed a catheter in but just had it removed today and if all bloodwork and everything else goes well then I can go home today again thank you ladies!! Your well wishes advice and prayers are very much appreciated may u all be blessed?? To Simpleseminole and to Paula good luck on your surgeries as well praying for u ladies🙏🏼

• Posted

Awe fab news now welcome to relaxation hybination and box sets :-) rest and listen to your body xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.