i am 26 and i have caught chicken pox for the second tim...

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am 26 and i have caught chicken pox for the second time i am in to my 5th day and still feel no better i am still feverish and am covered from head to toe with water filled spots which show no signs of crusting over yet i have them in my private parts and on tne palms of my hands and on the bottoms of my feet not to mention every where else most of it is itchy except for my feet which is painful when i walk and my head and my face has a burning feeling when i look in the mirror i panic as i cannot see any of my face as it is litteraly covered in blisters today i woke up and am getting some new ones on the tips of my fingers i guess its the only place left where i can get them! my doctor gave me calamine lotion (which doesn't help) and paracetamol my throat is killing me and i am feeling very sorry for myself i thought after the fourth day you were supposed to feel much better but thats not happening in my case.

[i:b187eeb685]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:b187eeb685]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh hon i am so sorry to hear about what you're going through and you have every right to feel sorry for yourself. i hope you have someone who's able to take care of you at this awkward time.

this too shall pass.

i am 30 and got chicken sh*t smile exactly 10 days ago.

the doctor had told me it'll last between a week and 10 days but i still have scabbed spots so i'm housebound in order to keep everyone else safe from me.

when i was covered all over, i also used calamine lotion and vengian violet.i was all purple, my hair in disarray and my whole look was inexplicable...i started crying like a little girl, feeling sorry for myself, and walked around the house alone like a crazy woman saying 'poor little juttie' (which is a nickname i gave myself all of a sudden)

i'm not well informed about this disease but i want you to know that i will be here for you to support you and cheer you on to recovey.

Godspeed dear chicken pox friend

joy

• Posted

Hi Joy,

I am so sorry to hear you feel so bad sad I know just what you are going through as I caught chicken pox at 59 and was so ill. I didn't know that you could get it again.

Hang on in there, each day will become easier.

Hope you feel much better soon :D

Tessa

• Posted

[quote:ccff03786a=\"L. C.\"]i am 26 and i have caught chicken pox for the second time i am in to my 5th day and still feel no better i am still feverish and am covered from head to toe with water filled spots which show no signs of crusting over yet i have them in my private parts and on tne palms of my hands and on the bottoms of my feet not to mention every where else most of it is itchy except for my feet which is painful when i walk and my head and my face has a burning feeling when i look in the mirror i panic as i cannot see any of my face as it is litteraly covered in blisters today i woke up and am getting some new ones on the tips of my fingers i guess its the only place left where i can get them! my doctor gave me calamine lotion (which doesn't help) and paracetamol my throat is killing me and i am feeling very sorry for myself i thought after the fourth day you were supposed to feel much better but thats not happening in my case.

[i:ccff03786a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:ccff03786a][/quote:ccff03786a]

• Posted

I had the same experience as you when I was 39 and just finishing an adult teaching course - so probably got it from the kids in school, it certainly affected my last exam - splitting headache etc and a couple of hours after I arrived home I was covered in pox! The next fortnight was a nightmare with doc bringing round students to see\"areally great case of adult chicken pox\" - not appreciated, though his knock-out tablets were!

Calamine is hopeless - a cream called Eurax is very effective re the itching. ) Still have white patches that show up in summer - have just counted 27 between knuckle and elbow on my right arm.

My friend aged 60 got CP last Thursday though not so badly, and strangely

I am being treated as a leper by others as a contact (saw her on the Wednesday) hence searching for info - I thought that after a severe case one was unlikely to \"break out\" again.

My very best wishes for your speedy recovery - maybe we should form a \"spotty club\"!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.