I am 47 and feel so bad tired , dry mouth , nausea anxiety scared

Posted , 14 users are following.

I lost my mum a 1,5 ago , thinking I'm still greaving but all the simtoms could also be menopause is well , sometimes is so hard I stayed in bed for days but then I still have to drag myself to work what is wrong with me help

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm sorry for your loss! It sounds like your symptoms are a mixture of grieving, Peri and anxiety and depression. You should see a psychiatrist to see if you need to be put on meds for the depression . I'm praying that you feel better soon.

• Posted

Peri & menopause effects mood and anxiety greatly, going through traumatic experience can heighten how you feel. I would speak to your doctor. I felt the same (without the grieving) no interest in anything, anxious etc I took anti depressants which have been fantastic but you must decide what is best for you.

• Posted

Take one day at a time. TAlk to your doctor. I hope and pray things get better for you. I am sorry for your loss.
  • Posted

I can relate when I loss my mom I just started going through peri the sweats anxiety feeling doomed it got worse after losing my mom I had been through so much in 99 I lost my brother 2000 I lost my sister 2001 I lost my dad 2004 I lost my mom in 2005 my grandma 2011 my brother in law 2012 my daughter in law she left me with 5 children to raise 2015 I lost my sister in law that was living with me for over 12yrs at the begining of 2015 I took custody of my sisters children lord it's been a rough road and when my anxiety kicks in it's overwhelming I feel like I just want to run away but I have to just pray ask God to help me get through this so I truly can relate it gets better in time but please hang in there I remember when mom died I stayed up for 7 days straight finally that 7th morning I passed out on the living room floor for two days never knew anything that went on around me I kept praying and gid kept strengthening me I pray that you find comfort because I won't lie I went through hell and high water with the anxiety I still have attacks but not as bad the panic attacks we're there worst I would be talking to one person and it felt like a thousand people we're around me I would have to go outside because it felt like I didn't have enough air in my home I knew it was the panic attacks because it made me feel like I couldn't breathe well I know I wrote a book but I just wanted you to know your not alone God bless I'm praying for you

• Posted

I want to say god bless you,  Monique what a strong lady you are after all you have gone through god gave you that strength for a reason and your post is an inspiration to others 
    • Posted

Wow Monique...i thought i was having a bad day but you put it all into perspective. God bless you....you are a strong woman. Xx
    • Posted

monique after reading your story I admire you for you courage and endurance.
  • Posted

I have so many terrible symptoms, don't know which is meno and which is health issues. You do need to talk to your doctor. I finally, after begging for months, got my GP to prescribe me a temporary script for anxiety, but she wants me to start taking antidepressants, which I really don't want. Hope you find help soon. Hugs

• Posted

Debbie, I had such awful anxiety during the Peri stage I could hardly ever leave the house or even just move around it.  I was put on antidepressants and after a couple of months they did start to work, and I feel much better, alot more stable. I was initially taking Sertraline, but that didnt help alot, so my Dr changed it to fluoxetine, and I found that much more effective. It can take a couple or even more attempts to find out which one is right for you.  Its a practical matter, and aas long as you otherwise stay fit and healthy, there is nothing wrong with antidepressants. Really, they can help!
  • Posted

Went to see go this morning he was not very helpful but he put me on fluoxetine 20 mg so a I'm hopping that will may help x you guys are amassing thank u so much xxx

• Posted

Hi,

Drs do tend to want to just get you out of the door if your'e depressed and stick you on something that will hopefully help.

I am on 20mg on fluoxetine a day - have been for about a year, and feel pretty OK really. No more feelings of doom or panics - such a relief.  They do take a few weeks to start working.  You may feel a bit manic for a couple of weeks when they do - but this soon settles down.

• Posted

Hi Wilson, sorry you are feeling so low hun. Coping with grief is bad enough on its own, let alone dealing with menopause symptoms too. You have done absolutely the right thing by going to your doctor, & he, although not helpful, has actually done a good thing by putting you on fluoxetine. this particular anti depressant is effective in "softening" peri or meno symptoms (many ladies have posted on here about it, & a friend of mine in her 50's is on it & says it really helps her meno symptoms. so not only will it hopefully help your depression, but also your meno symptoms. You are quite likely to have initial side effects for a few weeks like increased sweating, poss increased anxiety & perhaps feeling a bit "fuzzy minded", but they will wear off in the coming weeks as your body gets used to it. If you find it too much, you could split the pills in half & do 10mg for 2-4wks, then increase upto 20mg. Lots of lovely ladies on here to talk to if you need to , ask questions, advice, or just vent. Take care & hope you begin to feel better in the coming weeks hun. xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.