I am 5 months into recovery from ankle fusion.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Three months after they had me in a soft splint and  I accidentally put all my weight on my ankle and they said it jammed one of the 10 screws out of place so on one side of the ankle I have a big gap between the bones.  The doctor is hoping all the other screws will do the job, I am only walking 10 minutes every two hours and it hurts!!! Anyone else have this problem?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I immediately said a prayer. I may be in the same boat as one of my screws came out of place in the front plate. I'm just 3 months out of surgery. I just know how u must feel. This is my second surgery on the same ankle. LET'S KEEP IN TOUCH.

• Posted

Thanks. 😀 I am going to see the doctor next Friday.  

• Posted

Hi I'm 10 weeks post ttc open ankle fusion and a bone graft and a big nail up through my heel half way up my shin . Bin hard but was back work light duties after four weeks in a cast in a air walker no cast at 7 weeks still can't go anywhere without my crutches but defo going forward each week can stand alone in the shower and get around daily chores etc ok . Hardly any pain best thing I've had done for sure.back for mri and all clear I hope end of jan . But ur ankle job dosent sound right after 5 months I'm so sorry to hear I think u need to ask for a second opinion I'm 50 years young and live on my own in a second floor flat . I no we all heal in different ways but I'm sure u should be further on than u are .hope u get the help U need keep smiling smile

• Posted

you might find a knee scooter or iwalk2 more condusive to work...hugs
    • Posted

I do have a knee scooter.  I got it before the surgery as my ankle was bad then.   I don't know how I could possibly do without it 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.