I am 54, I have been taking livial for two years plus, g...

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 54, I have been taking livial for two years plus, gone off twice , because I was worried about the potential risks. I started to take it to relieve my menopause symptoms (waking up at odd hours, feeling sleepy at odd hours, tiredness, hot flushes) I have found it to be very good, i sleep better and feel very well. When I went off it I had such terrible feelings of shortness of breath once that i ended up thinking I was having a heart attack. So i went back on it.

I am quite active and have not put on weight, eat all I fancy and make sure that there is variety in my diet. (I love chocolates, peanut butter, cookies and pastries, sugar in my coffee, the odd junk meal!) I have not put on weight other than when I overdo the goodies or if I am on holiday with the family!! My husband cooks and he is so sood!!!

Livial has been good, no side effects at all !! I am grateful to my doctor for recommending it. Hope it will not have any side effects in the future.

[i:9bcdf47775]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:9bcdf47775]

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am 54 and started taking Livial 2 days ago. I hope my experience is similar to yours! :lol:

[i:d515aff1b2]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d515aff1b2]

• Posted

I'm age 54 and started on tibolone a few weeks ago so it's good to read some positive comments.

I never wanted to use HRT but asked my GP about taking it due to the fact I suffer with lichen sclerosus of the vulva - I thought HRT might help with the symptoms of this incurable skin condition and my GP agreed. I'm hoping for improvement in 'quality of life' over risks.

I'll keep updating - with good news I trust. smile

Marta

• Posted

Hi there

I was wondering how you are doing on your HRT and whether it had been of any help with your LS?

I am looking for any info on this as I have had LS for several years now and my Gp has recommended HRT for help with the skin of the vulva. Should I try it?

• Posted

Hi there, just wondering if you tried the HRT and if it helped your lichen sclerosus.. I am convinced my LS is as a result of hormone imbalance. I am 47 and have had this condition for a year or so. At around the same time many menapausal symptoms were occurring such as hot flushes, night sweats, tearfulness etc and are getting worse. I am unable to get my LS under control and was thinking of asking the doctor about possibly trying HRT to maybe kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak

Thanks

Jo

• Posted

:lol: [b:60f3df15e7]It is great to hear something positive about Livial, especially not putting on weight.

I hope I have the same good experience with Lival which I have just stated taking.[/b:60f3df15e7]

• Posted

Hi. Have you had a hysterectomy. I have heaed about tibolone. But not sure if suitable. If you haven't had a hysterectomy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.