I am 6weeks post op on my right shoulder. Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Four days into my two weeks of strength exercises. Before I begin 4 weeks of PT 3x weekly. I have lots of pain and the exercises aren't any easier yet. I took a hard hit in the shoulder day before exercise began and I wonder if something was damaged? I have four screws in there. Should I go back to Dr or just keep up the plan and hope for best?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think you should to check it out. I have shoulder blade pain in my left side but test shows nothing get well soon!
    • Posted

Think I will today. I am worried because it is a different pain and almost constant since the hit, and before was feeling pretty good. I'm just not sure because of starting the exercises about the same time, which the pain is from. Just know it's pretty severe and taking double the meds I was before!

I am sorry about your continuing problem I hope you get a solution soon!! 😊

• Posted

I gleen from the "four screws" that it was a shoulder replacement surgery. If that's the case, I would definitely go back for a current x-ray. And have a highly skilled person read it. You absolutely can't afford a shift in the mechanism at this critical stage of healing. Do it. Now.

• Posted

Maybe I should have said "anchors ",,,is that the same thing as screws? Not total shoulder replacement , but lots going on doc said he would not forget my case anytime soon ! Lol! Some rotator cuff repair, bicep tendons torn, cyst, bone spurs, etc.., I'm not real versed to explain, sorry. I called and spoke with nurse today and she kind of put me in a wait and see domain, did not make me feel to secure with situation, but I guess I will give it a few more days. If no better maybe I'll call to see if an X-ray can be done. Thank you!

• Posted

Your surgery sounds a lot like what I had although I only had one anchor put in. I would be quite concerned, as you are, about maybe having damaged an anchor or...however, healing from rotator cuff surgery, along with what else was done is a long road. I am almost 8 months out from my surgery and although I feel pretty good, there is still some aches and occasional pain. I did my exercises faithfully, but have recently let up on them. My bad. That might explain my current occasional discomfort. My fear was always that I would rip the tendon from the anchor. It might be good to see the doc, but an mri will not happen as it is too soon since your surgery. My PT always said not to work through the pain while doing my exercises . Not with this type of surgery. So, I know I'm no help, but I wish you the best. The "hit" you took may not have damaged the anchors depending on the hit. Could have just set you back a few weeks. It just takes time. Patience, and best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.