I am almost housebound because of bisoptolol

Posted , 5 users are following.

i ha been on 10mg of biso for 14 months. I noticed months ago that my leg muscles were hurting .& getting weaker.  Told my doc but kno response. Over the months I have about 10 side effects . .gsined over 2 , shallow breath' now also have fatty liver reseated also am now only able to wald about 10 feet.  Told doc that wanted off these tabs. I started on 30th -Apr am down to 2 5 mg day , awful side effects,  need to have physio to build muscles. I am hoping to start a new tablet soon lercanidipine 10 m. Was put on biso for high blood pressure. Sorry this goes on but I was relieved to finds others in a similar situation. Any comments would most welcome

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

10 mg of bisoprolol for high blood pressure exclaim question eek​ No no no exclaim No wonder you are feeling rough frown 10 mg is the dose for someone with severe heart failure, it's not usually prescribed for, well it's possible but nah, simple high blood pressure neutral 
    • Posted

Tks for ur reply . My doc. Also gave me losarten as well. I have never had any heart probes.  I cannot believe how this has affected my life. . I hope to stop biso completely this week & start on the new rats. . Until I found this page I had never heard anything about this drugs effect it an abs ute disgraced. . My breathing is really bad like I've been running I have to upstairs on all fors. Tks u again for your comments
    • Posted

The losartan​ should have sorted your blood pressure out neutral I don't usually advocate ignoring Doctors but it's time to stop taking the bisoprolol smile 
  • Posted

I too am shocked by this high dosage over such a long time.  This just goes to show that these days it really is up to us, as patients, to research on the net the treatments we are being offered and the drugs we are taking so trustingly.  So many of us are still in awe of doctors and think they always know everything, but the truth is that things are changing daily for them in the drug world and it is easy not to update.  The blame lies equally in our own hands for not speaking up and protesting at how we feel and requesting alternatives.  How many times have I heard that older people especially 'didn't want to bother the doctor'......
  • Posted

I have had rheumatoid arthritis for 25 years and although i am on a great deal of medication i manage it pretty well considering. However, i was diagnosed with LV heart failure in February and was put on bisoprolol. Immediately i experienced terrible side effects and put up with a dose of 3.75mg for months but eventually i couldnt stand it and my gp has reduced me to 2.5mg until i see my consultant next week. Initially they wanted the dose to be steadily increased to 10mg but that is such a high dose they have said my body cant tolerate it so for you to be put on that dose just for blood pressure seems extreme to me.. Secondly, i too have experienced muscle weakness in my legs which has got worse and worse over the last 3 months so much now that i have had to increase my prednisolone to cope with the pain and i felt my legs could not carry the weight of my body and im only 7 stone. This was making me really depressed until i read your post today and saw that you had suffered from it too its made me realise that this flare up with my legs is most likely down to the bisoprolo and not to my arthritis becoming worse so im grateful you posted this for others to see its made me feel a lot better. This is a horrible drug and i regret the dsy i started taking it. Fortunately im seeing my consultant next week for the results of my mri scan and i will make sure he changes my meds to something more suitable.

Good luck with your new medication and hope it works for you.

• Posted

Thank you for sharing this. I have been on this medication for 6 weeks, due to see my G.P. next Wednesday, I'm going to ask to be taken off them. Side effect burning lower legs, leg muscles feeling weak, pulse racing. Due to go for a Echo next Friday. How are you feeling now?

• Posted

You get rid of a fatty liver by changing your diet. Research it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.