I am in my 4th week in flouxetine

Posted , 3 users are following.

1st 3 weeks I feel so down and more depressed and anxious.. Now in my 4th week I see a little improvement. But my anxiety and depression is up and down.. Inconsistent of feeling well. Will i become out of depression and anxiety? How long will i wait?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You will get initial side effects of heightened anxiety - that's probably what you're feeling at the moment.  It can take months to feel better ...... count recovery in months, not weeks.  4 weeks is way too early.  Along the way you will feel up and down, as recovery often comes in waves.

These meds work real slow - but it's worth the wait.  They'll really help stop the anxiety and depression in time.

K x

• Posted

Thank you so much for this information .I am also taking flouaxatine 20mg.I have been taking them for just over 2 months.9 weeks. My panic attacks have gone but still quite anxious . Still feeling sick, hot sweats, low moods. Very up and down . And very very tired. Hoping to feel better very soon . How long does this last for ?
    • Posted

Everyone is different and some get better quicker than others.  Little by little you should notice improvements ... like your panic attacks now gone.  In time all these symptoms should slowly ease off.  Don't try and hurry it, just let it come to you.

My son took 9 months to recover (please don't let that worry you though).  Along the way he was up and down with good and bad spells.  He's now back to his normal happy self.

I take Citalopram which is another type of SSRI and it took around 3-4 months for me.  Such different time scale for us both.

It often takes a long time to become ill like this, and so it'll take a long time to recover too.  It's so worth the wait 😉

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.