I am starting a cabbage juice cure to treat my gastritis. Anyone wants to try with me?

Posted , 58 users are following.

Some doctors cured their patients of ulcers in the mid 20th century with cabbage juice. Supposedly they got some relief after 4 days and most of them were cured after 7-10 days.

Here is how to proceed: one has to drink 200 ml of fresh cabbage juice 5 times a day, so every 3 hours. I am going to mix mine with one apple in the morning (if I can take the acidity of the apple), and other vegetables (carrots, spinach, celeri, fennel) the rest of the day to make it more tasty.

4 likes, 98 replies

98 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've heard of this! How do you make the juice? I'm interested, definitely xxx
  • Posted

Ps can you eat other food too? Or is it just juice? X
  • Posted

I bought a breville compact juicer on amazon, around $100, and I just juice the cabbage. The juicer comes with a pot with measurements so it is easy to measure 200 ml. I start by juicing the cabbage so I am sure there is 200 ml of cabbage juice before I mix other juices.

I started this morning with one red apple and half a red cabbage. I think the apple is too acidic for me, but I drank a glass of alkaline water afterward and it was fine. It actually tastes almost good with the apple. Next one will be at 11 am with carrots this time.

I am going to eat meals as well (not sure if this is the right way to do it but I can't live on juices only for a week), I am avoiding anything irritating and do the low-acid low-fat diet. I wonder if I should stop the other supplements I am taking right now (pepzin GI, DGL licorice, and slippery elm). They are working very well, I am halfway cured, I guess I will keep taking them.

• Posted

In my book "Ulcer free!", they talk about two studies done around 1940 and 1950. In one, the patients took 4 glasses a day of cabbage juice (100 patients: 81% of the patients cured their ulcer), in the other one they took a fifth of a quart of cabbage juice 5 times a day (13 patients: 100% of the patients were healed after 7-10 days). They don't mention if they took food or not, so I assume they were eating normally. The author recommends taking four cups of juice a day, one cup every 3-4 hours.
  • Posted

Here is my report after one day in case anybody is following.

I took yesterday 3 times 1 cup of cabbage juice (1 and 1/2 cabbage!), I did not have the courage to take the 4th one. It did not taste so bad mixed with one apple or carrots but I felt really crappy after taking it. In the evening I seriously considered stopping the experiment. But this morning my stomach pain I usually have at night and in the morning was not there. (These last days I was waking up every night because of stomach pain, not very strong but annoying enough). So I will do one more day.

• Posted

Hi Ines, sorry been having problems with my phone and couldn't sign in! How's things going? Been thinking of you smile
  • Posted

Hi Stella,

Things are going great, thank you for asking!

I did a second day of cabbage juice and I don't have any stomach pain anymore, and no excess acid either. I slept my first complete night since many months, it is a great feeling!

I don't feel the need to continue the cure but I will keep taking a glass of cabbage juice every now and then (I still have two cabbages in my fridge).

• Posted

Have you just used raw juice as I heard that you can ferment your own, but I don't know what the difference is between the two. Did you just use ordinary green cabbage? I'm really interested in giving it a go, especially at the moment x
    • Posted

hello, ive been doing research and you can do anything green. try and make sure its organic as the soil matters. there are live organisms on our plants that help our gut. all the pesticides kill these organsims. hope this helps. ive done organic baby spinach in water and got the same effects and its cheaper.

• Posted

I used green cabbage and red cabbage, I believe they are very similar. Supposedly red cabbage contains more anti-oxidants but I just like variety. I just juice them (with the breville compact juicer), add some carrot juice, fennel juice, spinach juice and/or celery juice to make it more tasty and drink it directly.

I don't ferment it. I don't see any benefit in fermenting it, it might loose some components and become more acidic, which is not recommended for stomach problems.

• Posted

I was thinking it might make it more acidic if it was fermented, too. I know my partner is very interested in giving this a go as he has suffered with stomach problems for years. Just have to get a juicer now. I will let you know how we get on x
  • Posted

Hi. Im suffering from ulcers as well. I couldn't go into work yesterday cause it was hurting so bad. The only relief i get is from eating tons of bananas. Im wondering how youre doing after doing the cabbage juicing. What was the low acid diet you followed?

Thank you for your time

• Posted

Hi Awe,

Bananas are excellent when you have stomach problems, there are very alkaline.

I felt awful during and after the cabbage juice cure as cabbage interferes with the thyroid (felt really tired, cold, bad breath, ...) but my stomach felt great afterward! I had constant pain in the stomach that disappeared. I really think it is helpful if you are prepared to feel awful for a few days and if you don't have thyroid problems.

The low acid diet I followed was inspired from the book by Dr Koufman "dropping acid" with the difference that I gave up milk products and reduced salt. You might want to check the book "Ulcer free!" too, they talk about lots of helpful natural supplements. The most promising for ulcers would be pepzin GI.

I explained everything I did in another post called "How I cured my gastritis." I feel good now but I still watch closely my diet, probably will for another few months.

• Posted

hello, ive been doing research and you can do anything green. try and make sure its organic as the soil matters. there are live organisms on our plants that help our gut. all the pesticides kill these organsims. hope this helps. ive done organic baby spinach in water and got the same effects and its cheaper.you can blend any and put through a sifter and wallah.

• Posted

There are no available for red cabbage here in our place. Hav u tried green cabbage? How it works? Thanks!
    • Posted

hello, ive been doing research and you can do anything green. try and make sure its organic as the soil matters. there are live organisms on our plants that help our gut. all the pesticides kill these organsims. hope this helps. ive done organic baby spinach in water and got the same effects and its cheaper.you can blend any and put through a sifter and wallah.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.