I am tired of waking up every morning feeling like I am worthless.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Every morning, I wake up with the feeling of why am I here. When I am in work, I feel as though I am going through the motions. I have been married almost a year and I should be happy,but, I am not. I think of how my father tried to discourage me from marrying my now husband, even though in the end, he did give in.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Can't you get a divorce or annulment if being with this person makes you feel like this? Maybe talk to your dad, he seems like a nice guy. Wish you the best, Nick.
    • Posted

I have had bouts of depression before my marriage. First one in 2005 and one in 2010 when my grandmother (who lived with me) passed away.
    • Posted

Oh right, sorry. I thought by your post you were leaning towards your husband. Sorry Susan, Nick.
  • Posted

Hi, Susan:  First you have to ask yourself....is it your husband making you anxious and miserable, or are you just prone to depression without the influence of others.  First, you have to love or like yourself before you can like or love someone else.  I would suggest you see a doctor and maybe try some antidepressants to keep you from feeling worthless....I have been where you are now, and I still have a bit of trouble with self worth...Maybe your could volunteer somewhere, which would make you feel needed...I'm sure everyone loves you, even your dad, and there are things in your brain telling you otherwise...Don't listen to it, and never make hasty decisions while you are going through a depression...After all, feelings are not facts.
    • Posted

I was listening to self help cassettes and I have been going. to church until recently. I also had a daily inspiration book, but I lost it. I also watch Joel Osteen on a weekly. basis (minister).
    • Posted

I am also on 10mg of Citalopram and have been since May 2012.
    • Posted

Have you talked to the doctor about how you have been feeling recently as they may help you by increasing your Citalopram because that is what they done to me.
    • Posted

My husband suggested the same thing, but, I am hesitant because I don't want to be too dependent on them. I am wondering if it is hereditary because my mother had bouts of depession.
    • Posted

I was subject to a lot of criticism when I was growing up.
  • Posted

I'm merid 43 years I don't andestend your problems yay you shullnot be happy it wos a first merige?
    • Posted

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Please rewrite your response. Thank you.
  • Posted

It sounds to me like maybe your medication needs to be reviewed, I would make an appointment with your doctor, one that you find it easy to talk to and explain to them how you are feeling.Feeling like that is horrid and if its been like that for a while you need to get help.

I believe certain depessions can be hereditary but I expect your doctor has all your history, if not I would tell him so hes in the picture,let us know how you get on.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.