I became complacent and cocky!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi fellow TKRs! I've had a bit of down to earth moment in the last few days. I've been getting on well walking quite a lot, all round strengthening and improvement in my knee. I'm 11 weeks post TKR now. At the weekend my wife and I had two days in London and I enthusiastically walked a lot, doing the tourist thing. Anyway, boy did I suffer. My knee was swollen and sore (haven't had real pain in the new knee for weeks). I couldn't sleep and was very down. Gradually it has come back again over the last day or so but I guess I got too complacent and over-confident. To top it all, my 'good' knee, which is bad with arthritis, decided to play up too! Thanks for everyone who has supported me in my previous posts. Finally, on a personal note, so sad to hear of Cilla Black's passing. I grew up with her music and that of the Beatles et al in the 60s. Sad news.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm now three months since TKR on my second knee and I went to London last week for three days.  I flew down from scotland and like you walked and walked but I couldn't have done it as early as you did so well done,  each day my knee got tighter and tighter but I stopped and rested in between and I am now back to normal, whatever normal is.  I go back to physio in couple of weeks so I'll see how my bend and straight leg is doing, even my other knee felt the trip and that's 2011 since that was done,  it was so good to get away,  hope everyone is mending slowly like me.  Jackie 
  • Posted

Ah yes, it's a smack round the face when you over do it isn't it.mi tend to do that every 3 or 4 weeks, that because I never learn, I'm at 2weeks with second knee, pkr which is just as bad for dragging us back to earth, I always thought pkr would be less pain and faster recovery, not true, sorry it spoilt what should have been a lovely weekend. Yes is a real shame about Cilla , I'm a bit younger 54 but still I loved her music,nand her for being so normal, fame didn't seem to go to her head, which it does with so many. Very sad.😔
  • Posted

Hi dode,

im only 5 weeks post tkr,but i know what you mean about being over confident..we think that because we are feeling in tip top condition we can go hell for leather,but as we all know we do pay the price after our moments of weakness lol..yes i agree very sad about our Cilla passing,there will never be another to even come close..keep up the good work,and dontover do it ....

• Posted

Thanks to all for your messages of support and empathy! What is brilliant about this forum is that you are never the only one to have suffered a setback or encounter a problem. Lesson learned so I'll take it a bit easier from now on. Good luck to all of you. I'm off to see my surgeon and his physiotherapy team tomorrow (erk!).
  • Posted

Im off to physio later,i always dread going for what he might say,but whenever i get there and he looks at my knee,bend ect he always says its fine...dont know why we worry so,but we do..
  • Posted

ohh boy did we all do that at sometime or other !!!! you just over done it and london is so big and soooo much walking my daughter is living there and no way will i go to visit her even now its too much walking for me dont be down hearted it will resolve itself with rest and keep doing the excersises you will be back to where you were soon  i also was so sorry to hear of cilla passing sooo sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.