I can drive at last !

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, went to my out patient review yesterday and everything is fine apart from a slight limp which I'm being referred to the physio for. I can drive at last ! So fed up with being stuck indoors on my own so it's a major milestone. Even my irritated unoperated leg is starting to feel better as I've been massaging it every day. Thank God things are getting back to normal !

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

The freedom of driving again. It as if we hippies are teens again and driving really is a big milestone inThr.

🛀🏾🚗🚒🏍

• Posted

Nice to hear Lisa. The freedom of driving is great. Also me I can drive.im having physio too vor 8 weeks. I do have a slight limp

and i hope pnysio will help. Im glad all is fine with you.

Hug Madla

• Posted

hi lisa,  congratulations !!!   I am very happy for you that you have your indepence back - be safe, darling -how are you getting on otherwise ? big warm hugrenee
    • Posted

Hi Renee, thanks for asking. I'm sleeping better ie. for longer as not as stiff/painful overnight. I had some blood tests a few weeks ago and am still slightly anaemic and my free T4 thyroid hormone is elevated. My GP thinks things are out of kilter due to being poorly for so long so I'm having repeat bloods in January and hopefully T4 will have returned to normal.

Even better it's my birthday tomorrow and I can go out !

• Posted

Happy birthday for tomorrow. Have lovely day Lisa🎁

Hug Madla

• Posted

what a great birthday present !!!  

you're doing good ... 

Are you taking any supplements for  anemia and thyroid hormone ?

what kind of a car do you drive? is it easy to get in/out? take a pillow /cushion with you to sit on ... it'll support your ower back ..

I have a small car with low seats ... kind of challenging to get in/out - and stick shift ... 

celebrate life 

angel blessings

• Posted

Well done Lisa

I find out if I can drive today .. Toes crossed !

• Posted

...I can't cross my toes...so I'll cross my eyes...I hope tomorrow iscyour big day!

• Posted

Lisa

​Take it easy with the driving.. long journeys do take it out of you still.  Wonderful news those and some normality in your life again

• Posted

Yah!! 🎈🎉🎊 that's great! Nothing feels so good as being able to drive!! Take it from me who went 3 & 1/2 months of not being able to drive!! And whn dr gave ok I was so happy!! Being cooped up for so long was depressing!! So cheers 🍻 to you!! Drive safely! 😜🤓. Hugs 🤗 LD

• Posted

Yippee....go Christmas shopping.....buy some petrol !!...

Rob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.