I can feel a mass when I push on my pelvic area

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have a doctor's appointment next month, I made it 3 months ago. I can't wait because I need answers. For a long time I have been having symptoms which I believer are fibroids. Last night after having sex I had a pain on the left side of my pelvis(under the waist line). I pushed down to feel where the pain was coming from and to my horror I felt a large hard mass/lump. Has anyone with Fibroids ever been able to feel their tumor from the outside? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Its normal to feel fibroids, especially once they grow large. Its one of the ways Doctors identify fibroid, by feeling you tummy. Your Doctor is likey refer you for an MRI scan or gynaecologist to confirm how many fibroids and the sizes and various treatment options available. Best not to worry, fibroids are common for women under 50.
  • Posted

Hello, completely normal to feel fibroids from the outside.. I can see and feel mine quite often after having sex aswell. I'm currently taking esmya to treat my fibroids (to hopefully shrink their size). Good luck with your appointment.

• Posted

Not only that I could feel my fibroid from the outside, mine was so large that it pushed up agaisnt my skin causing my tummy to look completely lopsided. This was just the one hung outside of my uterus. I had many more inside. I endured anemia, pain, hair loss, foggy memory, lethagy... until September 2016. I went ahead with fibroid embolization surgery. It took a few months but labs result from yesterday (2-15-17) showing I'm no longer anemic, my hair stopped falling out and I can think clearly now. Best of all, I still have my uterus. 

If your doctor recommends hysterectomy, please do your homework before making your decision. 

Best,

Tohanmom

• Posted

Hi there,

Yes I certainly could! I'd been having heavy periods since the birth of my second child (11 yrs ago!) and had just been putting up with it until last year, when the bleeding turned into episodes of huge flooding, my coil came out and I went to the GP.

I was sent for an ultrasound scan which revealed a multi-fibroid uterus with five particularly large fibroids. For me, this explained my seemingly increasing tummy size and the fact that I could feel and see 'lumps' when lying in bed......I'd even taken a couple of pregnancy test just in case!!

I was prescribed tranexamic acid tablets to help reduce the bleeding but for me, that wasn't going to solve the issue of the fibroids. It was only when I went back to my GP the following week and was more insistent about seeing a gynaecologist to discuss options, that I was able to get a better solution.

At this moment in time, I am lying in my hospital bed the morning after having a fibroid embolisation procedure and am hoping this will solve the issue of heavy periods and a pregnant-looking stomach!

Hope this answers your question :-)

• Posted

Hi,

Yes, I can definitely feel mine when I'm lying down. I was having frequent urination problems and I found a lump in my pelvis and long story short I have a 8x8cm fibroid posterior intramural which has pushed my uterus into my bladder and reduced the capacity by 50%!

I'm not able to go to the gym anymore as it's causing pain, constant bladder pressure and tiredness. I'm 42 and due a hysterectomy next week. I researched all of the different treatments and decided this was best for me as I don't want to be in this position again, and as im still not near menopause it's just going to keep growing. I had the option of taking Esmya but the drugs are only a temp fix and not worth it in my opinion if you are not near menopause as when you stop them the fibroids grow back.

Do your research on all the treatment options and get second opinions.

Good luck 😉

• Posted

Hi Jadie, yep and funnily enough I'm sure mine move about especially after sex. This happened to me last night! Was left with pain also. It's kinda like being pregnant without the baby 😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.