I can't find myself

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've never actually been to a blog, posting my problems but I feel like I need to get my thoughts out somewhere where people are willing to help, so here I am. I don't even know how to start, I'm lost, I feel like I can't find the real me, the me me. I've always had a problem with self-confidence, I've always had a problem regarding friends as Sush but today it just hit me, I'm not really me. I changed, I don't know how but I changed and it's scary. I don't feel like I'm the person I want to be. I have problems speaking to other people like family and close friends I known my whole life, and I have never had a problem speaking with them before. The thing is tho, that I've had this problem for a while, but it's never been this strong before. Every time I wake up I think to myself: I don't have any problems". I do this because otherwise I just think about everything that happend before in life. You see, when I was in 9th grade, I had huge problems speaking with others! This eventually was leading to me getting, well ignored. Nobody talked to me, because I didn't have confidence to say anything. This have hurt me every sense, and I just try to forgetting about it and it's a truggle everytime I wake up to just forgetting about it. So yesterday I said no. I stopped avoiding the problem and just started to remember the horrible feelings again, and it didn't help. It made things worse, Im now in a state where I don't feel like myself, I can't get the memories out of my head! I dont know how to get rid of them everytime I see one of my old friends from my old class. I just don't know what to do, I need help! Can I ever get to be myself again?

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

First talk with your GP and He will decide a treatment plan for you.

Depression does cause what you call  a mood and attitude change, sometimes these changes go away while others may have changes that are more longlasting. In my case I have changed more dramatically and is possibly for the best. Do not worry about changes, you need help too move on through life

Keep a hold

BOB

• Posted

Are you blaming yourself for bad things that happened in the past? Whatever events you went through, you did the best you could to handle them at the time given the person you were. Just keep saying that to yourself. There's nothing wrong with not being a sociable animal if that's you, but don't blame yourself for not being the person you think you should be. If you have finally had to admit to yourself what the real you is, then accept that. Whatever limitations you think you have, they aren't your fault. We are all less than we'd like to be.

Do you know 'affirmations'? Just find the phrase that makes you feel good and keep saying it to yourself over and over again - even if you don't believe it. Soon you will, and you can start to bring your self back together.

• Posted

i do have mild depression but it is chronic and life long. i do use affirmations (statements of truth because our Life radiation from soul is perfect. so our life energy should not be obstucted by negativity of subconscious/conscious mind). in mild cases, affirmations are able to solve the problem because brain can and does heal itself. having a balanced life of activity and relaxation, sunshine, nerve food supplements do help. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.