I can't move my neck or shoulder without horrible pain please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I woke up and I can't move the pain from my neck is immense same with my shoulder, I'm having a really hard time typing this please I'm really scared the pain is at the back of my neck and I really can't move please help me

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Edit; my father came home and helped me out of bed but the neck pain persists, I went completely white for a bit, shaking and sweating, I'm just really worried at this point especially about sleeping tonight.

• Posted

If you are in UK can you get to A/E [casualty]?   There could be several reasons for your pain. An injury, bad sleeping posture or pressure on a nerve.   If you cant get to A/E then make sure you sleep tonight on only one pillow.  Take Ibuprofen for the pain . Try laying flat with a warm compress on your neck and try to relax.    If this persists tomorrow you need to see a doctor so that the pain and problem can be properly assessed.    Have you had a sports injury? Lifting heavy weights? Accident in the car where you had whiplash?. It may be several days ago,so think back...these are the sorts of questions you will be asked in A/E.
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply! I've taken ibeprofen and am about to go to sleep, I'll take what you said into consideration, I'm in the uk so yes if the problem persists I'll check up, not sure how soon I'll be able to as it's the holiday season. As far as I know this is either caused by lack of activity or wrong neck posture while sleeping. Not sure how I'll feel tomorrow but I'll definitely take the advice into consideration

• Posted

As an afterthought,if you are under any extreme emotional stress this can sometimes cause neck and back problems due to tension.
  • Posted

Google "Trigger points" by pressing on these points for around three minutes this can help relieve the pain of muscle spasms and also nerve pain. This can be painful itself but it really does help.

• Posted

Sounds like a pinched nerve could cause it or a buldging disc you need to get to the dr

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.