I Can't take this anymore

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello my name is Natasha I've been diagnosed with PCOS about a month ago but before I was diagnosed I was having really heavy periods wouldn't stop bleeding I was bleeding like months at a time weeks and I I basically knew something was wrong because the pain in my left side use to kill me so bad so I call the doctor made appointment with my OBGYN. They did they ultrasound and told me that I have PCOS and I'm like okay what's that never heard of it and he says its no cure he can just control it and I'm like okay so what's next step okay let's get you on some birth control see if we cant regulate your period. So that's what I did I got on some Depo birth control and you stop bleeding yet pain is not as bad as it was because I gave me some pain medicine Naproxen 500 milligram and I guess it worked because after I pick it up and I'll be I don't be feeling but Wingstop I'm not having a problem with the weight gain but I have acne real bad I don't know I just basically pray because God has the last say so and everything he's the one you know to decide if I can have kids in you know all that stuff so just pray about it women that's all we can do is pray about it because I just don't believe it no cure so you just going let us sit here and bleed to death and people get on birth control isn't still working and they got to look for a cure and we got to Make them because I can't live like this since June I been bleeding the month of June and bled the whole month July Bled August bled the whole month stop two days then Here Comes September still bleeding but I don't know I'm thinking of another birth control called Mirena I heard after like 2 months you may you will bleed then it stops. My doctor also said trying to conceive will be hard but basically if you get on some birth control regulated the. Then they can give us some fertility medicine this is very stressful all I know I'll cry about it all the time it's starting to mess with my head I don't know I'm just started bleeding I remember last time I had it was sanitary napkin just pray that's all we can do pray pray pray pray because my God our God has the last say so he decides on if we can't have kids and all that so just stay strong and get on the birth control and see what they can do. Thank you ladies for reading and I wish you all the best just stay on your doctors just saying I'm about to be on my like white on rice so I can't do it no more is starting to mess with me mentally mentally physically it already done that but mentally my head is starting to bother me good luck to everyone......🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi natashaicanttak,

I feel you and I hear you also, I have suffered from pcos pretty much all my life and its a thing that makes its presence known in early puberty in young women. I was diagnosed in 2006 when I was 27 and since then I had done a lot of research on it, and its a very complex endocrinolical disorder.

Although it can be managed with the right type of care and attention.

With those heavy periods for the pain I came across Dong Quai found in every pharmacy pretty much, that stuff was amazing to relax the muscles during long heavy periods, and metformin, helps to regulate you if contraception is not on the books if your looking to have children as well, plus diet stay away from refined sugars like white bread, pasta, sugar, white rice all that stuff and lot more for fruit veggies and whole grains.

I wish you the best in your endevours with all this pcos too.

• Posted

Thank you I've been doing my research to I just can't take the bleeding I will surely look into what you are saying...

• Posted

Hello Czara. I agree with the advice you gave to Natasha. You're right it is a very complex endocrinological disorder. It;s a syndrome and doesn't affect every woman in the same way. It can be controlled,but I do feel for women who have it. It has affected the whole female line in my family,although my mother. gran and aunties were never diagnosed.It's made a fascinating study.My daughter and her female cousins all have some symptoms of PCOS  You're right about diet. It seems to be the key.to keep at the correct weight. Nice to read your comments. Dorothy 

• Posted

Hiya, I've had pcos for a few years... Was diagnosed in 2010 after a laparoscopy. Unfortunately i also have Endometriosis so i was told my chances of having a baby were very very low. Before all of this i was relatively skinny, no period problems life was great.

When my symptoms kicked in i put 4 stone on in 2 months and became very very tired....

I'm now classed as obese, and didn't ovulate although i had periods every month which were painful as hell.

I found it so hard to lose weight... Struggled with the fact i was growing hair just about everywhere and basically had a bit of a nervous breakdown.

I was refused any treatment apart from metformin as im overweight, i tried with the metformin but gave up.

I gave up on having children and concentrated on trying to lose a bit of weight and living my life, but i needed something to love and mother.... So we rescued a dog.

The devastating blow came when my younger sister told me she was pregnant it hurt so bad it was so painful.... But i carried on and my nephew was born and i couldn't possibly love him any more than i do.... So our lives were complete, we had a dog, nice car and a great life with my gorgeous nephew in.....

I've also failed to mention I've been with my partner for 10 years, and we had gotten to the point we were actually OK without having kids.... Until 3 weeks ago... Id been feeling ill for a week... Felt sick all the time, felt cold all the time, tired and generally felt horrible. After 2 weeks of feeling like this and over 2 weeks late on my period i decided i had to take a PT....

So i took a PT thinking it would be a negative like all the previous ones I've taken in the past.... It was actually positive.... All 4 tests positive.....

We are currently 9 weeks pregnant and hopefully if all goes well we are due may 2017...

Don't give up, just relax because sometimes your body will do what it needs to.... Im 30 next month and after 10 years of nothing this is the biggest shock ever!!!! Xx

• Posted

Hello Kayleigh. When I read your post, it almost mirrored my own  experience with PCOS. I have posted on here in the past,so I won't repeat myself. My PCOS  was undiagnosed when I married 45 years ago. I wanted a baby and all my friends and family were having them, but not me. Both my sisters and brother married and had babies. All a doctor told me was I didn't ovulate. Like you,I got a dog. I loved him,but deep down I wanted a baby. I wasn't particularly overweight,but after an illness I must have lost weight. Went back for a check up and mentioned that I hadn't had a period for 2 months ~I thought it was a side effect of the illness. Doctor told me to come back in a month if I still hadn't had a period. By this time I knew I was pregnant (so did my mum) and like you felt cold,tired an sickly. Went back to doc for confirmation and he booked me into the ante natal clinic. The feeling was surreal. 6 months later I had a baby boy. My friends and family were thrilled.The dog was a good friend to the baby,too!!!  I am really pleased for you,and can identify with your shock and your 4 positive test results. A lovely happy outcome. I hope all goes well in the coming months. Best wishes to you. Dorothy            

P.S I had another baby (a girl) 12 years later. PCOS was still undiagnosed. 

• Posted

Thank you Dorothy i have my first scan 2nd nove im excited but nervous.... Its nice to hear a good outcome for once 😊 thank you for sharing your story xx

• Posted

Hello Natasha. Just read your post and sense your desperation. PCOS takes some accepting. I've "suffered" from it since puberty,but never had it diagnosed until i was almost menopausal (although I strongly suspected I had it.) My daughter has it and has brought on depression,which made her gain a lot of weight~which affected her periods(about 2 a year).Because of the depression,she didn't care. Then,last year she had a severe cchest infection which lasted about 6 weeks. She was unable to eat.so lost some weight. This caused her to have a period and she lost more weight. She has now lost about 3stone, Yes,she still has PCOS, but feels better about it. Her periods are regular,This is a result of losing weight. I do wish you well,and hope the medics can,at least, control you symptoms. Best wishes Dorothy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.