I can urinate but can't feel the "urge" to go..What is wrong? Should I call the doctor right away?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I can go but I don't feel the pressure to tell me to go.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I would definitely get in to see your urologist. That is not normal and can cause problems if urine starts to back up to your kidneys. How do you know when to empty your bladder if you don't have any bladder sensation? Just on a timed schedule?

• Posted

I go when I think the time is right been lucky so far.  I need to know what causes it
  • Posted

Everyone should feel the urge, otherwise its called incontinence......

you will pee in your pants/dress ? 

• Posted

I don't wer dresses.. No I haven't had ny accdients yet. I know I am supposed to feel whn  need t go. What I need to know is what might be the problem

• Posted

I would say there is definitely something wrong with your bladder nerves. The nerve signals from bladder to brain and brain to bladder is complex. If there is injury or disease, that can affect the signals being properly sent or received. I have an overactive bladder (so the complete opposite of you) and that too is a brain/bladder signal mixup. In my case, they never found the cause. I'm otherwise healthy and I did not have an injury to my sacrum or bladder. I would get in to see your urologist. He/she might want you to see a neurologist to rule out things as well.

• Posted

Thanks Middle.  What is strange to me is I had the over active thing too, Now its like my bladder is saying I don't want to talk to you anymore.rolleyes

• Posted

First get your GP to refer you to a urologist.

How old are you? Sometimes with age the bladder which is a muscle loses it's elasticity like a balloon which has been inflated for a long time. I'm a 72 year old male with the same problem and now have to self- catheterise at least 3 times a day (not difficult). If the bladder is not emptied properly there is a possibility that the urine left inside will go bad and cause UTIs.

Hope you get sorted soon.

• Posted

I am younger than 72. I was recently tested for UTIs and there isn't any sign of infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.