I don't know what I've been doing wrong...

Posted , 7 users are following.

I just gave birth about 2 weeks ago...

A week before I gave birth, I had an abscess drained.

Now, I have two new ones growing in the same exact area. I'm so heartbroken. I feel like my life purpose is to just be in pain.

I've cut out all nightshades as well. I haven't even ate or drank any sugar. I'm starting to think it's not food related and just something I'm destined to have.

I have a c section so I also can't go to the hospital and get it drained cuz I'd need to be on my stomach. Idk what to do sad

I'm so broken

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm sorry, Joan. It is so hard to suffer like this.

• Posted

I wish my bum abscesses would drain on their own!!

I had one under my boob that drains itself but I always go through so much pain with the ones on my butt. Idk what to do sad especially with having a baby I'm at my wits end

• Posted

You haven't done anything wrong. This outbreak is very likely to be hormone related because you've just given birth.

• Posted

I'm at the point of severe depression where I don't even see my purpose anymore. I feel like I was just brought here to be in constant pain.

• Posted

Joan I feel your pain, I have been there!

If you are feeling at a total loss and dispare please seek medical attention immediately whether it is at your doctors or Hospital. They may be able to freeze where you had the c-section as well.

Let them know if you are breast feeding as well, they may start you on some mild anti-depressants.

Prayers are with you ❤

• Posted

and you are not broken, and you have done nothing wrong.... as someone else said it is probably hormonal.

If you can reach the area or have some help put a glob of Vick's Vapor Rub on some gauze and secure it for several hours to help bring it to a head and break on its own. This will also provide cooling and ease the pain.

• Posted

Would Vicks really work? Right now it blends in with the color of my skin, it's just a lump right now sad

• Posted

I have heard so many swear by it, then I tried it.... and I was so happy... I put it on in a glob on gauze and put it on the boil. The next afternoon I checked on it, it had broke and drained completely!
    • Posted

yes it can, if it is a flare up. If you are referring to an old scar not active then no
  • Posted

Hot baths with epsom salt. Soak 30 mins.

Warm compresses when you feel the beginning of a flare.

Get rid of underwear and wired bras!!! (Friction is a reason for flares)

Buy EMUAID it will save your life!!!!! It's pricey but will give you relief in 24 hrs. Best thing I could of bought for myself. Best part is it's 100% natural. I'm sure you could appreciate this if you've been on antibiotics half of your life like myself 😩 stay encouraged!

• Posted

Hi Joan,

You've done nothing wrong. Most of the replies you will get on here are 100% spot on. HS is a weird beast, for some people some things work. For me 70mg gluconate zinc pills are working like a charm, I had HS for 20 years now (stage 3 for 5) and a year ago I found that zinc pills work for me, unfortunately its not a cure,I stopped taking them for 2 weeks and had a flare-up, I am again now in remission and while taking the zinc pills I live a normal life with bad habits and all (smoking, eating what I want, etc)

• Posted

Hi pagal, yes the scars are another thing.

My dark blue marks went away, and then I started using coconut butter to soften the skin. That worked quite well, but getting rid of the scars altogether will need surgery. Maybe tissue oil or something like that will help. Anyways, do not use the coconut butter or tissue oil on open lesions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.