I don't know what's happening to me

Posted , 4 users are following.

It feels like I'm depressed but I'm suffering from moments of what I can only describe as small panic episodes. I've suddenly lost meaning to life and struggle to get through my days. When I go to bed, I feel such anxiety and what feels like high anxiety to the point I feel panicked. I pray to fall asleep fast. I used to enjoy life but now I struggle to find meaning and the anxiety takes over me. I'm scared because I see it taking over my life. I was diagnosed bipolar and changed from lithium to latuda. At first, I thought it was great but now I have this terrible anxiety and I feel like I'm going to die. I called my doctor but the office didn't call me back and to top it off, I got a letter that my appointment has been postponed another four weeks. Recently, I lost communication with someone I really care about. I don't know if this is causing my feeling of defeat and loss of motivation. I feel like I'm depressed and everything takes such effort. I have two boys so I'm really good at hiding my feelings and take good care of them but my God, it takes much effort. I feel like I'm dying inside. I am separated from my husband because the love is not there but I made the difficult decision to get back together for the sake of the boys. This could be why I'm also feeling this way. It is horrible and I'm going through it in silence for the most part. I told the boys father I have not been feeling like myself lately. These anxiety attacks are horrible and I don't know what to do. Is it anxiety? Depression? My bipolar? Or the fact I'm going back to someone I don't love and lost someone I do? I don't even know if I'm making sense. I know I have to get over this for my boys! Please, I need advice! I just keep feeling like I don't want to be here if it's in this state. What is wrong with me? I'm going to try to go back to exercising and see if that helps me.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Omg i can relate on the anxiety/depression with having a hubby and child it's very scary. I too have the same symptoms as you and I'm also looking for answers. I get mood swings, cry a lot, horrible thoughts, nightmares, dizzy a lot, lock myself in my room, and loss of sexual desire
    • Posted

It's hard trying to hold back how u feel like everything is ok but it's not. It's getting to me this morning but I'll be fine.
  • Posted

I can relate to this as well 2 long yrs I've had these feelings I've been told I'm going through an early menopause as my periods av stopped,I have a lil girl who I worship and a nasty husband who I can't talk to as he says I'm pathetic for feeling like this,good luck ladies I hope you get the answers you need xx
    • Posted

I thought it could be menopause but my doc has assured me I'm not going through it yet. It's all so very upsetting and difficult to pretend I'm okay for my loved ones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.