i dont feel the mesh , how to know if its used .

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi im 25 , i had an anguinoscotal hernia groing with me for mor than 7 years , and i finaly decided to see a doctor ... he suggested a repair with mesh , now im in my 8th day of my recovery , i visited my doctor yesterday , he removed a wire in my body , i ignore where it was ... , idont feel that the mesh is inside my body how can i check it ?? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,my understanding that if you don't feel the mesh inside you that is good news!

Where did you do the operation please? Thanks :-)

• Posted

I guess that's good news if you don't feel the mesh !! the doctor seems to have done an excellent job...I had laproscopic (TAPP) hernia surgery last year, and until now never ever felt the mesh (apart from rare discomfort lasting a couple days in the groin whenever I exercise a lot)...BTW, an abdominal X-ray done for the hips did reveal the tacks that have been used to keep the mesh in place... 

• Posted

Hello mer51621,

I don't know if mesh was inserted during my surgery. I just know I feel better and assume mesh was inserted. However, if you have doubts, approach your doctor and request an xray. It should show the mesh. I have to be honest, if I requested an xray, I wouldn't know what medical mesh looks like. I wish the best for you and God bless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.