I feel a bump/ridge on top left side of head above scalp line. Should I be worried?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 22 years old and the last time I really had a major head impact was maybe months ago back in September but I felt fine afterwards and days later. It feels like there is like a bump or ridge on the top left side of my head just above the scalp line. I am worried that this is an enlarged artery or something serious. I can kind of feel it at the same point on the other side of the head but it isn't as bad or large as on the left side.is this normal? It doesn't hurt to the touch but again it just doesn't feel right to me at all. Sometimes I do get migraine headaches but idk if that's due to light sensitivity or looking at a screen for long periods of time. Sometimes when I'm sitting down at work, and suddenly stand up and stretch, I also get a sudden head rush and sometimes I feel light headed but when I lean over, everything goes back to normal. Again idk if light sensitivity has to do with it but it's an odd symptom. I also have recently been diagnosed with a deviated septum along with polyps and blockage in the nose. As well as a enlarged lymph node of the left side of my neck that I had for a while (shrinking now though) could these factors be the cause of what is going on on the left side of my head? I've been trying to get an answer for this on here and no response. A response would be appreciated to ease my stress about this.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

It's most likely the case that you're pulling together lots of random minor things and worrying that, together they amount to something serious. While you'll understand that no one here can diagnose anything, I wonder if you've been to see a Dr? If you haven't, go and ask your GP/primary care Dr about these ridges, if only to allay your fears.

I find that breathing exercises help me a lot, if you try something like this, it could help.

• Posted

I have a scheduled doctor appointment on May 9th. I know that no one can officially diagnose anything on here but maybe someone out there has a similar or somewhat similar situation. Its stress relieving to interact with people on here and to get advice from people and thanks for yours. Maybe I am overreacting a bit because I tend to when I get these symptoms that just don't feel normal to me.

• Posted

I've dealt with longer term health issues, it took a long time to get a diagnosis, when I first started having weird neurological symptoms, which turneducation out to be MS. I also have to deal with the aftereffects of the brain surgery is had in 2012. I always recommend anyone, with continuing health issues, to keep an ongoing record of whats happening to them. A record can come in really handy, for medical appointments. I find it helpful to record any questions that I have, unsurprisingly, I can forget so much.

I know how stressful longer term health problems are, too, particularly when you don't know what's happening to you, offloading on a site, like this one can be very cathartic.

• Posted

...and autocorrect frequently sucks! The damned thing tried turning sucks into socks...😨

• Posted

Oh my gosh. This sounds like me. Iv got deviated septum, enlarged lymph node in neck along with muscle, I get lightheaded, waves of rushing thru head and roaring in ears, I do suffer with Tinnitis of the ears as well. I too found a ridge/indention around crown of head an smaller one beside it. Am petrifies..many say on forums nothing 2 worry about but seriously what is it?
  • Posted

Wow this feels like what I have . I feel like a ridge above my eye , same in the other side but no where near as big and I have very bad headache around temple and above eye . Also on here searching for answers . Did you ever find out ? 
    • Posted

I have the ache behind eyes..I went to my gp and she said cysts..not sure tho, now I am getting dizzy as well..ent sending me for tests..also am Goin to go 2 my dermo on Feb 24..hoping someone can shed some light on these bizarra symptoms..Iv got to get answers...
  • Posted

Same here all started with a bug then swelling now ridges on the head and rushes to head painful pulling sensation in head and tinnitus 
    • Posted

Cutis verticis gyrata (CVG) is a medical condition usually associated with thickening of the scalp. People show visible folds, ridges or creases on the surface of the top of the scalp

This is what my dermatologist said I have..

• Posted

Your skull is not one bone, it's many bones that formes together. Those ridges are where they come together. Everyone has them.

• Posted

Ok, actually there's a lot of simple explanations. Tinnitus, or anything going on with your ears can throw off your equilibrium nd make you dizzy. And of course you would get a migraine staring at a computer all day with poor lighting. Getting a small lamp to out on your desk with soft lighting will help. If you're light, aka photosensitive, like I am, then the sun would make you want to stab your eyes out. Yes, it can be that painful. And of course you get light headed after sitting for long periods. Because your blood rushes and your blood pressure changes a bit. Everyone knows you're not supposed to sit all day; you have to get up and move around throughout the day. If your sinus blockage was caused by a sinus infection then the infection explains the swollen lymph node. Am I the only person on here who took biology?

• Posted

i have the same thing. ridge on head, slightly to the left of central. pain behind eyes, itching scalp and face (intermittent). painful left arm. red nose and cheeks. sore shoulders and spine. churning stomach. Pins and needles, numbness in arms at night. ANXIETY. DOCTOR THINGS I'm A HYPOCHONDRIAC.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.