i feel alone trying to live day by day with ms

Posted , 6 users are following.

even though i am married and have two of my four kids living with me

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Ms is such a difficult disease, the symptoms are so weird sometimes you feel like people cannot possibly understand. I am sorry you feel like this, try find a group near you or online chat. My mum had MS too but was only diagnosed after I developed it and pushed. It meant I could say mum do you get ........or I could say mum that's your ms. Unfortunately she died on Saturday after an operation. Look me up on fb if you'd like an online friend with ms and ask your Dr about support. Sending you love my fb is Lorraine Scarlet Heeney
  • Posted

Hi, I feel exactly the same, I was diagnosed a few months ago although I knew in February after being hospitalised, it was a shock to us all but my partner took 4 months of me nagging him to go online and look up MS, he did but doesn't like to talk about it, my parents are still in denial and although ask me how I am I feel I can't talk to them about it as not to scare them to death! They look at me with fear that I'm going to drop dead any moment 😁 I have an 18 year old daughter who as 18 year olds are lives in her bubble of her world and like my 10 year old son I don't want to burden them or scare them, that's it, so I sympathise looluv, what is your story 😀💐
    • Posted

diagnosed 1998  relaxing remitting

wheelchaîr 2008

catheter 2008

my older brother had ims as well

family don't talk about it

ask me anything

• Posted

I'm sorry your family doesn't talk about it. I understand some aspects of it though because I only tell my children certain aspects of my issues. My nurse called yesterday and we discussed my walking problems. Since my hands have been so badly effected it will probably be a mechanical wheelchair. I have a walker and a cane but there have been too many times I've almost ended up flat on my face with those since they rely on my hands. Strangest part if this for me is my 27 yr old dtr has juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and was told she'd be in a wheelchair by 13 (dxd at 5). I told her not to let the drs cripple her mind which worked. She will have to have a hip replacement soon but she is still walking on her own. Now her I am at 47 with colorectal cancer, copd and ms now going to a wheelchair myself. I'm just angry cuz this wasn't supposed to happen.
  • Posted

It can be lonely even when you're surrounded by people. Sometimes, like today I hurt so bad but I keep going so I don't bother anyone. In my head though I feel as if I can't deal with this some days...why me? i won't give you the be strong speech because I don't want to hear it myself. Just be and look forward to the good days.
  • Posted

I am sorfry you feel lonely.. its fairly common with MS.  There are various sites like this one where you can get support if  you don't live near an active MS group.  The MS Society has aver active group of internet forums you cZn explore,and get questions answered.

Remember that every care of MS is different, and you probably won't find someone with exactly the same symptoms as you.

• Posted

That's true I waited 15 years for a dx and it's progressing quite quickly for me.
  • Posted

Have you looked into joining a group? Sometimes you need to see people face to face. Online groups are great but we need to connect with folks that know what our problems are. A mental hug is good but sometimes we need that real shoulder to cry on. I cry in private so my family doesn't know how bad this is for me but I know it's time for me to join a group too.
  • Posted

Hi I have just recently been diagnosed, I am a 48 year old woman. I was hospitalised in February and only got a definite diagnoses in September. I have numbness in my legs and left hand, and cannot walk far, it is there all the time. But my only advice is to rest when you need, even if only for 10-15 mins. Don't allow yourself to be negative about this horrible illness, I thought my life as I know it had ended and that I would have no quality of life, all natural emotions to have.  I talk to myself lol and just give myself a pep talk when I feeling down as there is always someone worse off than me! Be positive and find ways to make things better, it is known that feeling down and depressed can make it worse. I  have just ordered 2 books Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis by Proffessor George Jelinek and Managing Multiplescerosis Naturally by Judy Graham. I have started watching everything that I eat and have found a small improvement I'm no longer as tired, my balance has got better it's now just the numb cold feeling in my legs I need to work on. My doctor gave me vitamin B compound for 6 months to try, I feel it has helped. I take the following: 

night and morning vitamin b compound, sunflower oil (1000mg) an iron tablet.  About 2pm I take an omega 3 capsule and a  glucosamine sulphate. I have a 13 year old daughter who is caught up in herself, but she does help when I ask. My partner is just a sweetheart he lets me rant on about all the things I find on the internet. Just try not to push people and loved ones away, it is difficult but you are not alone. Ok we may all not have the same symptoms but we can have the same emotions and can relate to each other. Please investigate MS, you can contact me if you need to talk. X . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.