I feel hot but don't have a temperature and tired all the time

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 87 and suffer from leg ulcers and essential thrombocytosis (high blood platelets) but my biggest problems are I have periods (from 10 minutes to 3 hours) of feeling boiling hot and as though I am sweating but I have no temperature, my skin doesn't feel hot to other people or look red and flushed and I don't sweat at all.  It's as if I have just the sensation of feeling hot - even down to feeling like sweat is dripping off me - but that is all - no temperature, flushing, sweating, etc.  I also feel exhausted most days - unable to walk from one room to the next - and sometimes sleep 18 hours a day.  I am taking anagrelide for the platelets and a variety of other medication.  I have had every test under the sun but no doctor can come up with an explanation, let alone a cure.  Is there anyone else out there that has had symptoms like this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Are you still suffering with this?

J

• Posted

Yes, and if anything it's getting worse. I am also on medication for high blood pressure and benign prostate hypertrophy amongst others, plus morphine for the pain of the ulcers.  Any help would be very much appreciated...

• Posted

Hello,

I know that this may sound a bit blunt and for that I apologies, but how would you say your mood is? sometimes symptoms like this can be due to anxiety/depression, especially the amount you are sleeping.

This is something that is fairly common, but underdiagnosed and treated in older individuals.

Best wishes,

J

• Posted

If you beleive this not to be the cause it may be useful to check if your medications are causing this. A low level of androgens (testosterone) can cause hot flashes in men as well.

J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.